• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Western Yorkian railtour D1015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andy

can i ask about what time did it leave york because as we left man pic for york we passed somthing. that or the northen bell not sure.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
andy said:
can i ask about what time did it leave york because as we left man pic for york we passed somthing. that or the northen bell not sure.
20:31. 231 minutes late.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Should have got to Coventry at 20:40 but when I was there at 2215 last night it was due in at 2357 (Very late!)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
matt said:
Should have got to Coventry at 20:40 but when I was there at 2215 last night it was due in at 2357 (Very late!)
I see it had made up some time then :lol:

I don't know the reason for the delay other than some sort of failure & was taken to Neville Hill for repairs.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
This was posted on RTN

Understand due to the cold the generator coach was left running all night before
the tour to ensure it would actually be ok on the day. Unfortunately as a result
it ran short of fuel and so it was decided to detach the genny and take it with
D1015 to Neville Hill for fuel. The time available to fuel D1015 was already
tight, but the added coach meant more time lost running round in Leeds.
Unfortunately when they returned a fault was then found with a Buckeye
coupling.. There may be more to it that that, but I think that's the crux of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.