• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The withdrawal of certain trains making me feel old

Status
Not open for further replies.

nedchester

Established Member
For me, seeing 87035 in the rail museum at York came as a bit of a shock to the system.

Looking back a bit further, my childhood memories are of Chester station with many different 1st generation DMU's (classes 101, 103, 108 and 120 being the most common), and 25's & 40's on the North Wales routes. That part of the country, (like several others), is about to embark on another step-change with the introduction of 197's.
It's 87001! 87035 is at Crewe.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Acey

After learning to drive trains on the old,dirty worn out and somewhat antiquated class 400 slam door units,the Networkers seemed at the time a revelation,it didn't take long for the novelty to wear off and most drivers were soon disliking the " Notworkers, Clockworkers or even Tonka-toys as a certain shunter called them " I can't believe they are already on their last legs !

Status
Not open for further replies.