• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Worst Thing Ever built

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
158s - Poor air conditioning, and the lack of cleanliness from most of their operators doesn't help
153s - Seats to low to the ground, and they always seem to have condensation between the glass in the windows

Established Member
444s for a number of reasons:

One to annoy nathan and two because they replaced the 442s and three the seats are like a bit of ply wood with 1 mm of material put over them!

thefab444

Established Member
Its the backs that are bad, and come on, be realistic, its more like 80mm! The actual cushions are comfy enough. :)

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Pacers (if you can class them as being 'built' ;))

Demps

All of those crappy DEMU/DMUs in the south, i can even be bothered naming them. Pacers still hav character, something of which is lost with all of the modern 313's etc.

Kris

Worst - 442 for driver comfort, Disastro for passenger comfort

Its the backs that are bad, and come on, be realistic, its more like 80mm! The actual cushions are comfy enough. :)

:shock: They've got cushions now? Are our guards handing them out like on aircraft because of the rock hard seats?

Good job we've got cushioned seats in the cabs - far more comfortable than 'pleb' class.

Noun 1. pleb - one of the common people
plebeian
common people, folk - people in general; "they're just country folk"; "the common people determine the group character and preserve its customs from one generation to the next
"

They have good things about them - driver's seat is comfortable although the cab is very claustraphobic. T.M.S. tells you what's gone wrong and usually how to fix it. Nice female voice on the announcements now - sounds a bit like Celia Johnson from Brief Encounter (Carnforth Station)

Ride quality - awful. Like sitting on a wooden roller coaster at times. Try drinking a cuppa.

devon_metro

Established Member
I actually think pacers are fun, dangerous mind.

I personally hate the fGW 153s. Seats are stupidly low. Voyagers are faily dire too comsidering what they replaced!

Kris

Oh yeah - Voyagers :puke: Gotta be bad if I 'd rather pay to fly to Leeds rather than use free travel.

Established Member
Bubble Cars ,why have a single coach when you can 5 coachs behind a 20!

Because there are some branch lines that dont have run rounds and platforms long enough for 5 coaches, and it was cheaper to build a single car unit reather then modify every branch line with no run round, and if u were trying to ahve a dig at me it didnt work

T

Tom

The air conditioning inlet is too close to the toilet storage tanks.

Tom C

Voyagers, Pendolinos, Desiros, Junipers, Electrostars, Turbostars, Networkers, 175's and 180's

Gizmogle

Established Member
Voyagers. Need I say more?
Pacers are pretty nasty too, but they can be fun on short distance trips.

Craig

Established Member
If it wasn't for pacers a lot of lines would have been closed. They're still sh*t trains though :lol:

Voyagers are also rubbish. The Meridians and Pioneers are a bit better, still not as good as loco hauled stock though.

Status
Not open for further replies.