• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The year in statistics

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Please note I can only give statistics as of 3rd February - 31st December as that's the time we've been on vBulletin and I can't be bothered to look the rest up in the database. ;)

To start us off...

The most users online was on 15th October 2006 at 09:11am - with 45 registered users logged in and the rest with guests (anyone know the significance of the date?)

The top poster is myself (damn) :(...

The most replied to thread in the entire forum is Rail related word association game

On the other hand, the most viewed thread is the one word story...

And the most popular forum is, as always, General Discussion...

In the past year, we have had 502 new registrations on the user side - the most popular month being August (with a flurry starting on the day of the announcement of new restrictions)

And coming onto the post count side of things...

The number of new threads has gradually dropped over the past few months along with number of new posts - but activity this month has bounced it back up to Octobers standards and judging by the amount of new posts already this year (yes, in the past 10 hours)... we're well on our way to getting up to 150,000 posts. 5993 new threads were made in the statistical period, along with 59,858 posts. Over the time we've been open (for the second time, I must add) we've ranked up, on average, 160 posts a day with the most popular day ever being in September 06 with the short-lived Mess Room (which existed for exactly 8 hours and 12 minutes) which led through to one of the down points over the last year. Needless to say, that day alone led to roughly 800 posts - counterbalanced by us being closed the next day to sort everything out, which has led to the forum you see today.

In other news, I am pleased to say that over the past half year, we have transferred nearly 1 terabyte of data (970GB) which includes all of TrainSimCentrals bandwidth - still, it's quite some amount.

That's the year in useful statistucs, I'll bring you the useless ones later. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

As of 11:32, top posters:
Code:
Tom       6280 (1)
Coxster   5083 (2)
yorkie    3033 (3)
Liam      2817 (4)
Chaz      2738 (5)
Julian G  2475 (6)
Jim       2437 (7)
Seth      2160 (8)
Tom B     2138 (9)
Rich      1735 (10)
Jordy     1718
Simming   1702
TheSlash  1684
Joe H     1657
Mojo      1417
David     1413
Sprog     1396
jonb      1324
AlexS     1309
AJP       1305
class 313 1230
Dennis    1198
David A   1135 (UD)
matt      1124
Craig     1114
960012    1098
Max       1037
Nick      1035
evilhippo 1032

Coxster

Established Member
What are the top "real" threads. By that I mean non-games as those are obviously going to be some of the most viewed.

David

Established Member
Must be locking all those threads. :silent: ;)

:lol:

EM33_Skeleton_keys_small.jpg

(The keys used to lock the threads) ;)

Death

Established Member
EM33_Skeleton_keys_small.jpg

The keys used to lock the threads. ;)
Are you living in the past, Dave? <D
I would have thought that these types of boards use PGP or SHA keys for any kind of administrative operations! :grin:

In any case, it's got to be better than this boards ****ing annoying access keys that mean the loading of a new page and loss of an hours worth of post writing whenever I have to insert an accented character using [Alt]+xxxx! <(
(Is there any way to turn those access keys off by the way? :smile:)

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

metrocammel

The most users online was on 15th October 2006 at 09:11am - with 45 registered users logged in and the rest with guests (anyone know the significance of the date?)

T'was the day after my birthday, so it is elementary to see that everyone must have been on, wishing me a very happy birthday, coz' I am sooooo popular you see.... ;)

Daniel

Established Member
We have the same birthday then, Metrocammel.

Maybe im the poplar one? ;)

Craig

Established Member
Any chance of some more statistics?

Interesting to crap ratio of forum threads - 1 : 50
Number of female members - < 1%
Number of forum members who are stoats and/or partake in stoatish behaviour - 87.4%
The chances of these statistics being accurate - 100%

:p

T

Tom

:lol:

Very good.

"Chances of statistics being made up as well as being accurate - 100%" :lol:

Bighat

I like statistics. Sad isn't it. But I DO like them to be accurate, or else they become 'official' statistics.

Has account been taken in relation to the number of 'guests' who frequently seem to populate this forum, who are actually 'bots'?

Just a thought.

class 313

Established Member
T'was the day after my birthday, so it is elementary to see that everyone must have been on, wishing me a very happy birthday, coz' I am sooooo popular you see.... ;)

Or think of it this way,

Everyone came online to for my birthday! Must be coz im loved so much 8)

T

Tom

590 days we've been open as of today. 101,729 posts as of 15:21. This equates to 172.41 posts a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.