• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Yorkshireman today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was waiting patiently for The Yorkshireman to pass Langley Mill earlier, should have been Oliver Cromwell and 2x West Coast 47s, with Oliver Cromwell being left at Railfest at York with the 47s returning later.

But it passed some 35 minutes late minus Oliver Cromwell, top and tailed by the 47s, any idea what's happened to Oliver Cromwell?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TukayAway

I got a text saying that it had failed before departure. I don't know any more than that at the mo.

fsmr

Was waiting patiently for The Yorkshireman to pass Langley Mill earlier, should have been Oliver Cromwell and 2x West Coast 47s, with Oliver Cromwell being left at Railfest at York with the 47s returning later.

But it passed some 35 minutes late minus Oliver Cromwell, top and tailed by the 47s, any idea what's happened to Oliver Cromwell?

Made up some time on the original with no need to water as it was at Leagrave at 10-00 over an hour and a half late and Oakham an hour late at 11:20

We bugged out after we got to the bank at Eggleton south of Oakham to be told by someone there packing up it had failed at 8:15 which puts the fail in North London or Herts somewhere and was now on two 47s an hour behind
Not looking good for steam tours at the moment with the blow back incident as well last weekend

blackfive460

According to info I've had, 70013 failed its fitness to run exam. It didn't fail in running.

WestRiding

it was a late running t3 possesion somewhere down south, meaning the loco was trapped in the depot/yard. hence it also departing about 80 late.

fsmr

According to info I've had, 70013 failed its fitness to run exam. It didn't fail in running.

Thanks
I was only posting what the chap I met at Eggleton said
spare info on anything to do with Oliver Cromwell or the tour on the net or Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.