• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TheAdelante Rides the Rails!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

xotGD

Established Member
If you are going to cheat, why bother at all?

In fact, when it comes to units, why bother at all full-stop?

xotGD

Established Member
It’s not cheating - I’ve just given a perfectly good explanation to why it counts ;)
You'll be saying next that you can count something for sight when you've had to ask someone else to tell you the number!

Anyway, each to their own - there isn't a rule book for how to be a ned.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
You'll be saying next that you can count something for sight when you've had to ask someone else to tell you the number!

Anyway, each to their own - there isn't a rule book for how to be a ned.
Well I don’t see anything wrong with that, I mean you still saw the train, did you not?

TheAdelante

I’ve never spotted by sight anyway, and TT-ONR-NRN doesn’t anymore either after losing all of his data in August.

xotGD

Established Member
Well I don’t see anything wrong with that, I mean you still saw the train, did you not?
Well you saw something, but how can you be sure that the other person isn't mistaken, mistyped the number or is winding you up?

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Well you saw something, but how can you be sure that the other person isn't mistaken, mistyped the number or is winding you up?
Actually good point. But if I missed it I’d probably ask it on tops request but I don’t record trains by sight so it’s fine!

TheAdelante

S’up. :)

We’ve included a TPEX trip to try and review their first class too!

1510 GLC - CAR 1630
1649 CAR - EUS 2012

TheAdelante

Good evening,

Tomorrow my plans are to review CrossCountry’s First Class product, ride the 387s over the newly electrified stretch of track between Didcot and Maidenhead and take it easy :) No strenuous plans to be stuck to.

The review and report will be up as soon as possible.

Until then,
Ryan :)

DanNCL

Established Member
Good evening,

Tomorrow my plans are to review CrossCountry’s First Class product, ride the 387s over the newly electrified stretch of track between Didcot and Maidenhead and take it easy :) No strenuous plans to be stuck to.

The review and report will be up as soon as possible.

Until then,
Ryan :)
Sounds good.

When can we expect the review of SWR first? :)

TheAdelante

Tomorrow as well :) if we are lucky we may get a review of both 444 and 450 first class!

TheAdelante

Electrostars to Reading:

So today I started on 444002 and 444029 to Basingstoke with TT-ONR-NRN, who changed into a CrossCountry train to Southampton.

These are my 444s at Basingstoke 0B74E943-A054-406A-BBD7-C559536EC194.jpeg

After spending time in the Basingstoke I met back up with him on 221139. This took us to Reading. Here I somehow ended up on a different train to TT-ONR-NRN who ended up on an unbranded 165 down to Basingstoke accidentally while I took 387145 to Twyford. The seats are very hard but at least they have armrests...

8574DAB2-118B-471E-BF91-36386ADFF4FA.jpeg

I returned to Reading on eight car set 387161 and 387132, taking a seat at the back of the train. Here a young couple ended up missing their stop and got trapped on the train...

I went to the front of the train to get ready to run to the ticket office in order to buy another £1 return to Twyford, returning to Platform 14a for 387156 to take me back to Twyford. I phoned TT-ONR-NRN who said he was back at Reading.

Half an hour at Twyford and then I got on 387172 heading to Didcot Parkway; I sat right at the back, bit of a dirty unit with an old McDonald’s bag cluttering up my table...

I met back up with TT-ONR-NRN at Reading, we agreed to go our separate ways yet again - he took an unidentifiable 220 to Basingstoke while I got on 165112 there.

We then returned to Farnborough (Main) on a pair of 450567 and 450115.

Which was incorrectly displayed as travelling to “Warerloo”

E6313BCB-B929-4D78-A600-A6276D2500C0.jpeg

cactustwirly

Established Member
Electrostars to Reading:

So today I started on 444002 and 444029 to Basingstoke with TT-ONR-NRN, who changed into a CrossCountry train to Southampton.

These are my 444s at Basingstoke View attachment 40984

After spending time in the Basingstoke I met back up with him on 221139. This took us to Reading. Here I somehow ended up on a different train to TT-ONR-NRN who ended up on an unbranded 165 down to Basingstoke accidentally while I took 387145 to Twyford. The seats are very hard but at least they have armrests...

View attachment 40985

I returned to Reading on eight car set 387161 and 387132, taking a seat at the back of the train. Here a young couple ended up missing their stop and got trapped on the train...

I went to the front of the train to get ready to run to the ticket office in order to buy another £1 return to Twyford, returning to Platform 14a for 387156 to take me back to Twyford. I phoned TT-ONR-NRN who said he was back at Reading.

Half an hour at Twyford and then I got on 387172 heading to Didcot Parkway; I sat right at the back, bit of a dirty unit with an old McDonald’s bag cluttering up my table...

I met back up with TT-ONR-NRN at Reading, we agreed to go our separate ways yet again - he took an unidentifiable 220 to Basingstoke while I got on 165112 there.

View attachment 40986

Nice! With 2 visits to my semi-local shack! (the other being Leicester when I'm at Uni)

DanNCL

Established Member
Electrostars to Reading:

These are my 444s at Basingstoke View attachment 40984

View attachment 40985

View attachment 40986
Sounds like you had a great day Yesterday!

I didn't know that the 387s were already running to Didcot, I thought they were only going as far as Reading.

Great spot with the destination on that last 450, it looks like a cross between Wareham and Waterloo.

If he’d have stopped to look at the number he would have missed it.
If you remember which service it was it might be worth asking in the TOPS request thread, someone there might be able to find out what unit it was for you.

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
If he’d have stopped to look at the number he would have missed it.
Oh no!
Did he have the same problem with his voyager to Southampton and his 165 to Basingstoke?

TheAdelante

Oh no!
Did he have the same problem with his voyager to Southampton and his 165 to Basingstoke?
No. The voyager was 221139 to Southampton, returning to Basingstoke on 220015.

Then he ended up on 165112 to Basingstoke (ironically I ended up on that later)

I didn’t include the numbers in my trip report because I didn’t go on them! :)

TheAdelante

Sounds like you had a great day Yesterday!

I didn't know that the 387s were already running to Didcot, I thought they were only going as far as Reading.

Great spot with the destination on that last 450, it looks like a cross between Wareham and Waterloo.

If you remember which service it was it might be worth asking in the TOPS request thread, someone there might be able to find out what unit it was for you.
Thank you. They are indeed running to Didcot now. :)

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
You must have been waiting in Basingstoke for him to get back from Southampton for a very long time!

TheAdelante

You must have been waiting in Basingstoke for him to get back from Southampton for a very long time!
It was a long wait yeah, but I managed to keep myself occupied ;) it was only about two or three hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.