• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

thefab444 - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I'm saddened and shocked by this terrible news. Alas, I never met John in person, but I always enjoyed his posts. He will be sadly missed on the forum, and by everyone who knew him, I am sure.

WestCoast

Established Member
Rest In Peace. So sad to be taken at such a young age. My condolences to his family.

His posts were always very interesting and informative indeed, particularly so in the automated announcements sub-forum.

Ibex

Very sad news indeed. Such a shock. A big loss to the forums and my condolences to all his family and friends. The posts in this thread really do show the community feel of this forum and the respect shown in these unfortunate circumstances.

Rest In Peace John.

NXEA!

Such a tragic loss, made even more tragic being only 19. My thoughts go out to all his friends and family. Rest In Peace buddy. :cry:

Daimler

Established Member
I'm very sad, and equally shocked, to hear that - my thoughts go out to his friends and family.

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
Wow, such a shock :(

I had had many a friendly banter with him and while we never met, condolences to his family

Let's hope he is looking down on us now with a pint in his hand and a smile on his face

May he rest in peace

Established Member
Rest in Peace 'Thefab444' your contributions will be sadly missed. Never met you but your passion of all things railways reminded me of how i use to be.

Condolences to all family and friends of 'thefab444' may you rest in peace.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This is very sad news indeed. thefab444 has been a contributor on this site since the early days and will be missed.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Yes. Its very, very sad, we are all members of a community on here, one that is rather like a family; and the loss of a family member is the loss of a part of ourselves.

He will be missed and he will be remembered.

Amen

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Very sad news indeed. He made some excellent posts which showed an impressive knowledge of the railway. My condolences go out to his family.

Eagle

Established Member
I'm in shock as to the suddenness of this, and the fact that John was just 18, had barely left school.

He was a much-loved and valued member, and we'll all sorely miss him. Requiescat in pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.