• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

thefab444 - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

S19

Too young, way way too young.

Don't know who you are fella but rest in peace.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
Tragic loss for family and forum; an enlightening poster who will be missed.

RIP Celia.

Oswyntail

Established Member
Bad news indeed. His posts were a good response to those who moan about "young people today"

SprinterMan

Established Member
I never met the guy, but he was well informed and a very clever guy with lots of good ideas/opinions. Condolences to his family and friends, he will no doubt be sorely missed.

43021HST

Established Member
I was no friend of his,but my thoughts are with his friends and family at this difficult time.
Snatched away at the height of his youth, so sad. He was certainly one of the more well known of the RUK posters.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Always had a soft spot for the username although I didn't know him.

So sorry,so young.

Rest In Peace.

There was a 444 actually called that so I think thats his insperation.

adtrainz

Sad, sad news. A terrible day for the forum. Thoughts with his family.

RIP

Last edited:

Bedpan

Established Member
Absolutely terrible. I had just watched a TV programe last night about a lad who died from bone cancer, and then went on line and read this. RIP.

I saw an announcement in the Southern Daily Echo which reads:-

SLATTER JOHN Suddenly and tragically on Thursday 22nd September. Will always be missed by Stephen and Christine and sadly missed by all the Slatter and Emm Families. Find peace. ---------- Donations in his memory payable to Talyllyn Railway Preservation Society may be sent c/o F.W.House & Sons, Funeral Directors, Lymington, SO41 9NE.

and thought I'd post it in case anyone wishes to make a donation in his memory.

I hope its ok to post this, but no doubt the mods will remove if not considered appropriate.

Hydro

Established Member
A sad loss, a valued contributor to this forum. Rest in peace.

deltic1989

Established Member
Far too young, I always enjoyed his posts though I never met him in person. May he rest in peace, Mrs deltic and I send our condolences to his family.

Ivo

Established Member
Words cannot describe how sorry I am to learn of this. As with many other (even higher profile) members I don't believe I ever met John but his comments and contributions, both to our forum society and elsewhere, were always of the best and fairest standard.

My thoughts and condolences are concentrated on South-West Hampshire at this time. May he rest in peace.

4SRKT

Established Member
This is really terrible news. To go so young is always deeply shocking.

Drsatan

Established Member
RIP John Slatter and condolences to his family and friends. Even though I never met him I enjoyed reading his posts and was astonished at how much he knew about timetables, train diagrams and fares for someone of his age.

the sniper

Established Member
Just reading through some old threads looking for info. Noticed the most informative and comprehensive post on the subject was from fab444...

Rest in peace John. So sad to loose someone so young.

Juniper Driver

Established Member
I was no friend of his,but my thoughts are with his friends and family at this difficult time.
Snatched away at the height of his youth, so sad. He was certainly one of the more well known of the RUK posters.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

There was a 444 actually called that so I think thats his inspiration.

I know,I work for SWT but I couldn't tell you the number without looking it up...although I know 444001 and 444012.Naomi House and Destination Weymouth.

I know now...444018.

Last edited:

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
RIP :cry:

I never met him but I always enjoyed reading his posts. What a shame at such a young age. :rf::cry:

AlexS

Established Member
Extremely sorry to see this on one of my 'drop ins'. Certainly one of the more useful contributors here lost. Always very sad to lose one of the community especially so young - RIP fella.

shedman

Very rare I look in this section so like everyone here I too was shocked. RIP mate. I've been around a while although not been posting long. I used to always smile at your username because I thought what a daft name for a train :)

Last edited:

Urban Gateline

Established Member
I too offer my condolences to his family and friends, so sorry to hear about this.

I must be the 100th person who has read TheFab444's posts and agree that they were informative and well thought-out. :)

Especially since most of them were SWT based, I had followed them with interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.