• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[thejunction] Great Yarmouth 47s

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
This has been recently added to http://www.thejunction.org.uk/

Trains are to be operated by a Class 47 on hire from Cotswold Rail,
along with a standard Mark 3 loco hauled set.
Trains originate from and terminate at London Liverpool Street rather than Norwich.
Diagram will commence from Saturday 17th June.

ECS
5V29
0828 Norwich Crown Point-Great Yarmouth

1V29
1010 Great Yarmouth-Norwich
"
1V18
1206 Norwich-Great Yarmouth
"
1V41
1310 Great Yarmouth-Norwich
"
1V26
1416 Norwich-Great Yarmouth
"
ECS
5V26
1535 Great Yarmouth-Norwich Crown Point
"

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Just hope it doesn't turn into the farse it has been some other years. I remember one year, back in Anglia days, going to get the 13:10 (or equivalent) of Yarmouth, and it being a 2 car 170, which was packed with people and luggage. Other times I have gone to do it and it's been cancelled, including twice last year. One other time though, I needed to get from Norwich to Acle, but since the loco hauled service didn't call at intermidiate stations I had to get the unit. For some reason, that saturday a further service was running none stop every hour formed of a 47+4*Mk2+47 set. I saw both the loco hauled services leave, and notice both were fairly quiet (most of the load seemed enthusiasts), then went to get the normal, stopping service. On the contrary, the 153 on the normal service was crush loaded, and people were left behind. I ended up squashed in the vestible behind the micro cab, along with quite a few others, a lot of luggage and a bike, and the exhaust right behind me. When I thankfully left the train at Acle, along with one or two others, I wasn't suprised to see that most people were stopping on to Yarmouth. Oviously the extra services were either badly advertised, or people were to stupid to realise they were running or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.