• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

thejunction.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that this site has closed does anyone else know of another site with unit number breakdowns?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Skimble19

Established Member
Wait, when did this happen?! I was using it only a couple of days ago - by far one of the most helpful sites on the Internet for that sort of thing.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Wait, when did this happen?! I was using it only a couple of days ago - by far one of the most helpful sites on the Internet for that sort of thing.

He put up a completely blank front page a couple of weeks ago.

The underlying pages were only removed a couple of days ago though.

Skimble19

Established Member
Hmm, looks like I might have to get one of the spotter books that contains carriage numbers then..

SprinterMan

Established Member
Last edited:

Schnellzug

Established Member
At least with Multiple units, they don't change operators and so on very often, so the platform 5 book will still probably be up to date . It's with locos that it's useful to have up to date listings (particularly as wnxx seems to have decided to go subscription now as well). Surely Wikipedia won't be the only source now?

Bodie

:cry:

That's a darn shame, the junction saved me many times when i'd written down a number that didn't match with my long out of date books.
Or when only armed with a multiple unit carriage number.

Doe's suprise me how little information there is out there.

Bodie

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Just checked the site again and there is a message saying that due to other pressures he has had to give up the work on the site and therefore removed it from the web.

I cannot recall Gareths email address but for some time now I have been less than fully employed. I wonder what it takes to keep it up to date but I should be able to do it as I am an out-of-date IT professional. Therefore I would like to volunteer to, at least, keep the stock formations up to date. I suspect the hardest part is wading through all the information Gareth gets and collating it into meaningfull facts !.

If your watching this thread Gareth or someone can pass on to you then just pm me.

Thanks Peter.

SprinterMan

Established Member
Just checked the site again and there is a message saying that due to other pressures he has had to give up the work on the site and therefore removed it from the web.

I cannot recall Gareths email address but for some time now I have been less than fully employed. I wonder what it takes to keep it up to date but I should be able to do it as I am an out-of-date IT professional. Therefore I would like to volunteer to, at least, keep the stock formations up to date. I suspect the hardest part is wading through all the information Gareth gets and collating it into meaningfull facts !.

If your watching this thread Gareth or someone can pass on to you then just pm me.

Thanks Peter.

[email protected]

This is the email address that was advertised on the website :)

bolli

Thanks Peter.

If you did that, I'd be more than happy to host the site. :D

Bolli

If you did that, I'd be more than happy to host the site. :D

Bolli

And if you both did that I'd be happy to be eternally greatful to you. :D

Any help you require for someone with no IT knowledge and not a lot of time, I'm your man!

Crossforth

Established Member
And if you both did that I'd be happy to be eternally greatful to you. :D

Any help you require for someone with no IT knowledge and not a lot of time, I'm your man!

I would also be very grateful and I'm sure we could all keep posting sightings of things that have changed as we do in the liveries threads

ian13

Likewise, I'm keen to do something to keep loco lists on the web. I was considering doing a wiki-type site - so that people can directly give updates for approval?

causton

Established Member
Likewise, I'm keen to do something to keep loco lists on the web. I was considering doing a wiki-type site - so that people can directly give updates for approval?

Can always start a wiki with somewhere like http://www.wikispaces.com/ :)

For free you get 2GB of file storage for pictures if needed, with a 10MB maximum file size - but other than that seemingly unlimited usage so not bad :D

ian13

I've tried contacting Gareth, but failed thus far. I'd be quite happy to set something up though - preferably with multiple confirmed users who can update and go through emails. I'd be quite happy to set something up in the next week or two, if we could collate together what we know already?

Last edited:

Schnellzug

Established Member
:cry:

That's a darn shame, the junction saved me many times when i'd written down a number that didn't match with my long out of date books.
Or when only armed with a multiple unit carriage number.

Doe's suprise me how little information there is out there.

Bodie

Like I said above, for multiple units the Platform 5 Books are very useful, since they only change operators infrequently and when they do the coach numbers stay the same (usually); it's for locos that an up to date list can be useful.

Keith Jarrett

Like I said above, for multiple units the Platform 5 Books are very useful, since they only change operators infrequently and when they do the coach numbers stay the same (usually); it's for locos that an up to date list can be useful.

OK formations do not change that often but liveries is another matter. It seems to be a whole industry of it's own and when you take into account all the branding changes as well, it can be difficult to keep up. For example, three months after Abellio took over the Greater Anglia franchise, there are still numerous units running around without Greater Anglia branding - the 321s seem to be the most likely not to have GA lettering of some sort.

ukrob

Established Member
I'm also happy to offer free hosting should the original offer fall through.

Anyone taken this any further, would love to help anyway I can?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Actually STOP PRESS, have found another site that lists unit breakdowns, not sure how up to date it is or how much traffic it can cope with (seems a bit unprofesional, hence not on any search engines) but think it has the raw info.

Have contacted the owner by e mail. Will keep you posted.

Actually seems a fair bit out of date...wonder how often he could update?

142001 55542 55592 NN NN NH
142002 55543 55593 AV WB CF
142003 55544 55594 NN NO NH
142004 55545 55595 NN NO NH
142005 55546 55596 NN NO NH
142006 55547 55597 AV WB CF
142007 55548 55598 NN NO NH
142009 55550 55600 NU NN NH
142010 55551 55601 AV WB CF

rail-britain

Established Member
I've emailed The owner of the junction several times with no response
The only email address is from thejunction Domain Name, but each time I received a response between 5 hours and 5 days
As you have had no response this suggests the mail box is no longer being monitored, unless you have a private / personal email address for Gareth

It would be easier to recreate a site from the previous HTML content, writing all that data will take some time
This is useful for DMU, DEMU, and EMU (individual formations)
I cannot see any benefit for locos and coaches, as abrail is sufficient

bolli

Right. I've got somewhat of a site ready to go up.

If anybody wants to help wiht the data-gathering, please drop me an email at bolli [at] tinworkx.com

Status
Not open for further replies.