• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Them There Buildings Nr Donny Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simming

What are the new buildings that have shot up outside doncaster station?

Ive just seen a photograph, and boy the areas changed loads since I was up there last late Summer.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
I think it's all part of the new transport interchange, which going by plans for trasport interchanges in other parts of the country will include things not at all related to transport at all, such as supermarkets. The old bus/mulitstorey car park has been demolished, presumably these will also be replaced in the process.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Yeah, we have one of those 'transport interchanges' which includes a large Tesco. Basically, Tesco funded a new bus station (after the old one had been closed down for about 6 years) to be built across the road from the train station (a small, unmanned station on the Stoke-Derby line) and also built thesupermarket and a large open-air car park. If it wasn't for the Tesco funding however, I doubt the new bus station would have even been considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.