• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

they've killed sheffield station!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve158

not only have they got the new information boards working(which are better anyway)

but phil sayer has been dumped in favour of the world's most sarcastic announcer(heard at man picc, leeds etc.)

they've killed it! and there's nowhere to buy a green 'un anymore either :( :cry:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
Noooooo! Phil has gone?! AAAAAAGH :cry: :cry:, I can not STAND that stuupid woman aaagh. What about Meadowhall?

Jordy

Guinness

Established Member
I don't mind the Mrs Sarcastic at Piccadilly. Just picture her a New Street though :|

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you still want to hear Phil in the North of England, come to Hull! After all, its never dull ;)

However, it is sad to see Sheffield lose those announcements. And can I join the 'we hate that annoying woman' club? :lol:

Jordy

Established Member
Do you ever stop advertising Hull? ;) I've got loads of old announcements from Sheffield, must put them online at some point...

Jordy

steve158

well maybe he needs to, if you believe all the c*** that is said and written about hull.

how can you criticise a place where you can buy pattie, chips and breadcake for a pound i don't know.

grimsby's got some good points as well :shock:

Sprog

Established Member
Digital Dorris and Digital Dereck (aka, Sarcastic lass and Phil)

We have both at Bristol Parkway and Bristol Temple Meads ;) 8)

What..tractor..where??!.... <D :lol:

Jordy

Established Member
steve158 said:
well maybe he needs to, if you believe all the c*** that is said and written about hull

Yeah I must agree with that TBH

steve158 said:
grimsby's got some good points as well

You are too kind ;)

spm_430302 said:
We have both at Bristol Parkway and Bristol Temple Meads

You mean you have 2 announcers at 1 station? Or Phil at one and Digital Dorris at the other?

Jordy

Sprog

Established Member
Both Stations are equipped with both voices.

Often, one platform at Parkway uses Dorris and one Dereck.

And at Temple Meads, sometimes you go and its Dereck and then other days its Dorris

Galvanize

The new announcer at sheffield, is done by SEMA-SCHLUMBERGER, and used to be at my local station, Lewisham. She's not too annoying, despite being the voice at London Bridge for 4 years. The only annoying thing about "Sarcastic Sarah" and "mechanical mike" is when they both do the Unattended articals announcement together. It's damn impossible to hear what anybody is saying.

ATW and Wessex have a similar announcer, different voice but same script as Sarcastic Sarah. Digital Dorris (shared with Leutenent Lloyd in Wales) is famous for saying "DeanDunbridge" as Jim or Heart-of-Wessex or Dennis will back me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.