• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thirsk to Salisbury via London evening 6 Dec return 8Dec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diplodicus

Good morning O wise ones,
My daughter plus three 17y, 14y & 12y grandchildren (and grand they jolly well are) will be travelling fro Thirsk (after 17:00 hours) on 6th December 2019 to Salisbury returning after 11:00 hours on Sunday 8th December. They wish to travel via Kings Cross and Waterloo.

They enjoy the discounts of their family railcard.

They are content to use any available ToC's service.

Your advice and guidance will be very welcome (as ever).

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Not going to be cheap unfortunately

I had a look at Trainsplit and there aren't any cheap Advances available so not worth splitting.

For just under £200 they can get any train there, and any train back.

Last edited:

Diplodicus

Gulp! Thanks Yorkie. It looks as though the Bank Of Grandad is about to re-open. A small price to pay nonetheless.

Diplodicus

Oh bugger, thanks Eboordna. looks like Paddington, Reading, Basingstoke and Grandpa's Omnibus Services Inc.

Actually, they still run stuff especially from BSK, but a useful reminder, thank you.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Previous strikes has had an hourly service to Salisbury, although you have the option of reaching Basingstoke (via GWR or XC) for a lift if the strike timetable is more limited

Diplodicus

Thank you all. I have booked York - Kings Cross and return for £45 (for 1Ad+2Ch) . Since travel Waterloo to Salisbury is all off-peak and seat reservations are a figment of SWR imagination even on good day, they can buy a F&F railcard off-peak return and save then hassle of a specific train.

My thanks go to you all for the advice and the strike alert. Time for a G&T. I deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.