• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

This is due to a train not stopping in the correct position at a station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ibex

Not sure on the specifics here but it could be a station overrun and then setting back into the platform, or somewhere Birmingham New Street with permissive working it could be a unit not stopping far enough down a platform for there to be enough space for a train coming in behind or perhaps not entirely clearing a signal section.

Both of these kinds of incidents could obviously have a knock on effect on busy routes.

LAX54

Established Member
Think more of I have an 8, doh...12 ! or I have 4..darn it...8
(certainly not new !)

Aictos

Established Member
Think more of I have an 8, doh...12 ! or I have 4..darn it...8
(certainly not new !)

That’s why the GN 313s had a sliding reminder on the driver desk to remind the driver how many carriages the train had.

I know the 700s have a permanent reminder in big letters on the drivers desk reminding drivers if it’s a RLU*or FLU set**

*RLU = Reduced Length Unit
**FLU = Full Length Unit

No idea if the new trains that Greater Anglia operate have this?

Aictos

Established Member
The 321s and 360s also have a sliding reminder. Not sure about the new units, but it doesn't say what the stock was in this case.

Well mistakes happen, what’s important is the train crew responsible learn from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.