• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

This week's "Paddington 24/7" on Channel 5: an observation

Status
Not open for further replies.

aylesbury

He was not detained merely questioned about his actions following a concerned guard reporting his concerns the guy was quite happy at least it shows a caring company.

I thought the piece about the damaged point far more interesting as was the way delays are sorted and how delays creep up the route.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

londonbridge

Established Member
What worried me was that the whole thing was shown on national TV, his face clearly identifiable. I'm not sure people can really give informed consent to that sort of thing, given the hundreds of ways that clip could reverberate for somebody in later life, even if it doesn't have an immediate impact.

They will have asked him if they could show his face in clear.

Note however that, for whatever reason, whilst HIS face was clearly shown, one of the officers dealing with him had his obscured......

Bromley boy

Established Member
Note however that, for whatever reason, whilst HIS face was clearly shown, one of the officers dealing with him had his obscured......

An obvious explanation for this is that police officers have more reason than most to preserve their anonymity. Both for personal security reasons and to prevent their cover being blown if they are taking part in undercover operations in plain clothes etc.

MonsooN

I watched the programme and agree with the majority of people on here that the guards and the BTP were taking their duty of care seriously.

If they noticed him acting strangely and then failed to intervene, they'd have probably been in much more trouble if something happened to him than if they had intervened.

Status
Not open for further replies.