• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thought I'd been drinking to much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davido39

Just looked out my window to find A Crosscountry 170 pass by,bearing in mind I live on a main road with no rail line to be seen!

On closer inspection it went by hitching a lift on a lowloader. :lol: Bearing in mind I live on Western Road in Kilmarnock I suspect it has just departed from Waptec Kilmarnock.

Still a funny site though lol.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Johnuk123

Established Member
I would have thought your house would be a mecca for trains being on that road.

davido39

Funny thing is no, It's the first time seeing something that belongs on tracks and I've lived here for nearly a year now. What is more of a mecca is all the junckies and low life wasters that get of the number 3 bus at the bustop just outside my house! :lol:

Don't need to watch The Scheme I just need to look out my window but that's another thread entirely. :lol:

Established Member
Just passed one car of 170 111 on the back of a lorry southbond on the M6 between Jn 19 and 18; causing chaos! The lorry has broken down on the hard shoulder and traffic has slowed to a crawl in both directions due to people rubber-necking

rdwarr

Just passed one car of 170 111 on the back of a lorry southbond on the M6 between Jn 19 and 18; causing chaos! The lorry has broken down on the hard shoulder and traffic has slowed to a crawl in both directions due to people rubber-necking

They're probably trying to ascertain the TOC so that they can claim compensation.

Schnellzug

Established Member

Would XC have to pay delay compensation?

aylesbury

Were there plenty of men in orange jackets standing around looking worried ?

davido39

Thats what you get for driving near one of the ruff est estates in Scotland, the locals probably trying to salvage various components off the truck as ot was moving hence the breakdown on the m6!!! :lol::lol::lol:

PaxVobiscum

Established Member

Thats what you get for driving near one of the ruff est estates in Scotland, the locals probably trying to salvage various components off the truck as ot was moving hence the breakdown on the m6!!! :lol::lol::lol:

That would be somewhere near the Knutsford Services http://www.motorwayservices.info/knutsford_services_m6 then
Still, that's about as near some of the "ruff est estates in Scotland" as I like to drive. :D

class156

Just looked out my window to find A Crosscountry 170 pass by,bearing in mind I live on a main road with no rail line to be seen!

On closer inspection it went by hitching a lift on a lowloader. :lol: Bearing in mind I live on Western Road in Kilmarnock I suspect it has just departed from Waptec Kilmarnock.

Still a funny site though lol.

That's just as bad as me seeing a ScotRail 170 going over the Kingston Bridge in Glasgow, I had to have a double take!

Status
Not open for further replies.