• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Three Bridges ROC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomBoyd

Hi guys,

The last time I went for a job, you were all very helpful.

I've now got an interview at the new ROC at Three Bridges and am looking for extra info. I've found bits and pieces on the net, and i'll have a peek at the sectional appendix, but theres some stuff I couldn't find.

What is the area of control for the ROC? Which SBs has it directly replaced? Is the line AC or DC?

Any other info would be awesome.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
If you haven't found it already I would check out the Sussex route business plan here:

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/browse...iture plans/route plans/sussex route plan.pdf

Apart from the general description of the Sussex Route in general, there is a specific section on the future 'operational plan' from page 49 on which describes how and when they will migrate various areas into the ROC. Sometimes areas of control go through a transitional step elsewhere than the ROC.

It's eventually planned that Three Bridges will be the only ROC for the whole Sussex route, but it will also cover the southern extremities of the MML and ECML as a result of wanting nearly the whole of Thameslink to come under one ROC.

In other words the area covered will just about map onto the Southern franchise area, with boundaries in the reasonably obvious locations in the south, where the equivalents will be Basingstoke and Gillingham. It's a nearly all DC area (unless unelectrified) except for the Thameslink route north of City T/L.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Minor correction to above, it won't control any part of the ECML.

TomBoyd

Thanks guys, that's fantastic info. Does anyone know what software they're using? WestCAD?

TomBoyd

And here was I thinking it might be uniform for once!

Do you know the other ones' names?

Class377/5

Established Member
Yes. And other systems too!

Indeed, today we have the TMS road show that included one laptop with KO2 TT loaded onto it with the train graph, curious isn't the word.

Thanks guys, that's fantastic info. Does anyone know what software they're using? WestCAD?

Just a minor point, but they will use WestCAD (and others) but currently no signalers in the building yet.

Last edited:

Aictos

Established Member

That's going to be fun, say there's serious disruption at Stevenage for example with all lines blocked not only is the control staff going to be miles away at one end of the country at Three Bridges ROC but the signaller is going to be miles away at the opposite end of the country at York ROC :lol:

Gonna to be a lot different to nowadays with both signallers and control staff in the same room...

Tomnick

Established Member
Not many boxes have a Control function on the operating floor currently, certainly not beyond some sort of outstationed controller liaising with the signalmen. Once they're in different rooms, or even on the other side of a busy operating floor, they might as well be 200 miles apart!

LBSCR Times

Not many boxes have a Control function on the operating floor currently, certainly not beyond some sort of outstationed controller liaising with the signalmen. Once they're in different rooms, or even on the other side of a busy operating floor, they might as well be 200 miles apart!
The two that spring to mind are FCC Controllers alongside NR Signallers in both West Hampstead and Kings Cross boxes.

The Controllers were going to be similar in Three Bridges ROC but that has now changed, due to objections from.....?????
I've heard two different stories, about the level of noise, from both sides!

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
That's going to be fun, say there's serious disruption at Stevenage for example with all lines blocked not only is the control staff going to be miles away at one end of the country at Three Bridges ROC but the signaller is going to be miles away at the opposite end of the country at York ROC :lol:

Gonna to be a lot different to nowadays with both signallers and control staff in the same room...

Funnily enough I sat in a workshop all day today testing scenarios just like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.