• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Three Coach Trains on the NUCKLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

james60059

Or maybe I've just been lucky on the last 2 Saturdays but are 3 coach services the norm on a Saturday on the service between Nuneaton and Leamington Spa now?. Or is it that some pax are timing their days out to catch the train as opposed to the replacement bus that fills in every alternate hour and as such the extra carriage might take the capacity?.

I must admit, doing my last few trips, I've timed my journeys with the trains instead of the bus, as does some people I know in Nuneaton too :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D.K.TAYLOR

Or maybe I've just been lucky on the last 2 Saturdays but are 3 coach services the norm on a Saturday on the service between Nuneaton and Leamington Spa now?. Or is it that some pax are timing their days out to catch the train as opposed to the replacement bus that fills in every alternate hour and as such the extra carriage might take the capacity?.

I must admit, doing my last few trips, I've timed my journeys with the trains instead of the bus, as does some people I know in Nuneaton too :D
Maybe Wasps have had home games

DannyMich2018

Before May 2019 when the 153s were used they often had a single 153 in the week with almost always a pair on a Saturday. Not sure about Sundays. So they usually provide more capacity at the weekend. Let's hope the 2nd diagram starts soon to replace the bus as pre Covid this route was getting to be well used.

Nova1

Before May 2019 when the 153s were used they often had a single 153 in the week with almost always a pair on a Saturday. Not sure about Sundays. So they usually provide more capacity at the weekend. Let's hope the 2nd diagram starts soon to replace the bus as pre Covid this route was getting to be well used.
Yeah, this was horrible, the single carriage 153s was almost never enough capacity especially on peak.

Energy

Established Member
Pre Covid on Sundays wasn't the service split at Coventry with a 2 coach 172/0 used Coventry - Nuneaton and a 3 coach 172 used between Coventry & Leamington Spa?
Correct, the 3 coach 172 is one stabled at Leamington overnight having come from Birmingham, 3 coaches isn't needed.

3 coaches on Saturday is unusual unless there is a game, likely just been a shuffle of units around to compensate for the lost 170s which has caused it.

Status
Not open for further replies.