Three Queens event, Liverpool, 24 to 26 May 2015

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by Bevan Price, 17 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bevan Price

Bevan Price Established Member

In connection with the visit to LIverpool by the 3 Cunard "Queen" liners (24-26 May), Northern is operating revised services out of Liverpool Lime Street, and special timetables are available on line.

See http://www.northernrail.org/news/7665

Note that (at the time of writing), clicking the link for Sunday 24 May only shows the timetable for Mnday 25 May. Note that on 25 May, most of the off-peak Services between Liverpool & Manchester Airport do not run, many being replaced by Liverpool / Earlestown "shuttles". There are also a number of additional services between Wigan & Liverpool via St. Helens Central.

Note also that if the NR strike proceeds, some of these services may not run .

2. Gathursty

Gathursty Established Member

3. LNW-GW Joint

LNW-GW Joint Established Member

The Ellesmere Port-Hooton section will run as a bus replacement on Monday May 25.
    This is so other Merseyrail services can be strengthened to 6-car operation for the day.
    I expect New Brighton, as the best viewpoint, will be unusually busy.
    There are also some closures of stations in the city centre to avoid overcrowding.
    http://www.merseyrail.org/seasonal/three-queens-travel-information.aspx

4. 6Gman

6Gman Established Member

Pondering whether to try Hooton - big car park; spaces on Monday?

5. gray1404

gray1404 Established Member

Does anyone know how the queing system to access Liverpool Lime Street station will work? (they did something similar at the Giant's event)

1. Will there be any problems/need to que to be access the station to board a Virgin service to London Euston
    2. When they've had ques before and the que systems outside the actual station, has this been for specific services or a general line just to enter the station.

Although I'll be down South, one of my friend is coming down from Liverpool to visit my while I'm down there and I do not want him having any problems accessing the station and missing the VT to EUS (he is a train driver based at LIV though so I might just suggest he flashes his staff pass and walks straight on by, it is his base station afterall)

Last edited: 18 May 2015
  6. LNW-GW Joint

LNW-GW Joint Established Member

I passed a notice today at Lime St, to the effect that there will be single entry/exit.
    Entry/queues at the south side, exit to the north.
    Wirral line accessed from the street only.

7. gray1404

gray1404 Established Member

hopefully my friend will be able to by-pass the ques with his staff pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.