• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Through fares from Eindhoven Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

radamfi

Established Member
NS now have a ticket machine in Eindhoven Airport where you can buy through tickets to anywhere on the rail network, including the bus from the airport to Eindhoven rail station. Similar concept to what exists at Luton Airport.

The day tickets for 25 euros are still available at the GWK office in the airport. These also include the bus between the airport and station.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Groningen

Established Member
Nice, but the national railplanner does not show it yet. The 25 euro is the maximum price for any one way ticket 2nd class in the Netherlands. Nice thing is that 1 can pay 17,30 euro for 1 hour going from Groningen to Zwolle or v.v., but also 25,70 from Groningen to Vlissingen for 4 hours and 38 minutes. The first kilometers are expensive!

radamfi

Established Member
I suppose 9292.nl has the door to door travel planner complete with fares so arguably the NS Reisplanner doesn't need to. It would appear that through fares have been made available to other tourist destinations, such as De Efteling theme park, and big towns without stations, such as IJmuiden:

http://www.treinreiziger.nl/actueel...en_met_gemakskaartje_voor_trein_en_bus-146912

These tickets are primarily for tourists without an OV-Chipkaart. If you have one, there's no need to buy these tickets as you don't save any money with the through tickets.

Last edited:

atillathehunn

Established Member
The machine has been there a while now, but I did not yet see one at Rotterdam airport, which is disappointing. And Maastricht airport definitely not, even though the train connection is quite close.

dutchflyer

Established Member
Those airports-IF anyone goes there by publ. trsp are (for us) daft simple as its all by chipcard doable. And you cannot say that for going to Gatwick or Luton or Stansted (all much, much bigger) on an Oyster.
Somehow it surprises me that this 25 eur ticket is really a Dagkaart? Not just a single to anywhere (incl bus?? Only available for that same day?

radamfi

Established Member
Somehow it surprises me that this 25 eur ticket is really a Dagkaart? Not just a single to anywhere (incl bus?? Only available for that same day?

Yes, the 25 euro ticket is really a dagkaart. And also valid on other train companies in NL unlike the normal dagkaart that comes from the ticket machine. More expensive than the offers from Hema, Blokker etc., which are also valid on the other train companies, but those are not usually valid in peak hours. The 25 euro ticket from GWK at Eindhoven airport is valid any time of day. When you buy the ticket, you get a flyer explaining that it is also valid on the bus between the airport and city centre:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=119218421&postcount=2375

Here is the front and back of the ticket:

https://flic.kr/p/osQDDr

https://flic.kr/p/oKjVFT

The ticket is the same as you get from the Hoek van Holland to Harwich ferry. They sell them on the ferry for somewhat less than 25 euro. I think I got one for 17 euro last time I was on the ferry. Given that it looks exactly like the one you get from Eindhoven airport, I would assume there would be nothing stopping you from using that ticket on the 400/401 Eindhoven buses. The ticket does not work on the OV-Chipkaart reader on the bus. You just show the ticket to the driver, although bendy buses are used on the 400 which appear to have open boarding, and 401 is usually a Phileas vehicle, which also has open boarding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.