• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Through fares to Isle of Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontera2

A friend of mine is travelling from Wales to the Isle of Man via the Heysham to Douglas ferry as an alternative to flying.

Looking at NRE, the correct fares and times are offered for the journey but when clicking through to "buy tickets" none of the TOC websites can actually sell the ticket?!

I tried independently on each site but again none of them offer Douglas as a destination. After taking a look at seat61.com, it transpires that the only website you can book the through fare on is via loco2.com.

This surprises me and I would have expected VT to have at least offered the fare online as they own the pricing flow!

Any ideas why this might be?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Which station in Wales? I tried Llandudno - the Raileasy website will sell Llandudno to Douglas via Heysham, or if you don't want to pay a booking fee, the Virgin Trains Android app also manages it.

gray1404

Established Member
Sorry I started a thread about this this morning. I am looking to travel on one of these within the next 24 hours and did not see this thread.

My question is basically: 1. which online booking engines allow you to book an Isle of Man fare online. 2. Which sites will allow on the day booking?

It appears from the answers given that the only (?) site which allows this is Loco2?

1. Is anyone aware of any cashback deals or vouchers for bookings on this site?
2. Does Loco 2 allow use Webtis so is the ticket able to be collected straight away?

Frontera2

Sorry I started a thread about this this morning. I am looking to travel on one of these within the next 24 hours and did not see this thread.

My question is basically: 1. which online booking engines allow you to book an Isle of Man fare online. 2. Which sites will allow on the day booking?

It appears from the answers given that the only (?) site which allows this is Loco2?

1. Is anyone aware of any cashback deals or vouchers for bookings on this site?
2. Does Loco 2 allow use Webtis so is the ticket able to be collected straight away?

Yes, loco2 will allow you to book online then TOD at any station with a TVM.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Which station in Wales? I tried Llandudno - the Raileasy website will sell Llandudno to Douglas via Heysham, or if you don't want to pay a booking fee, the Virgin Trains Android app also manages it.

That's interesting as the VT website won't offer it, claims that Douglas doesn't exist.. Swansea is the originating station..
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Yes, when booked at stations staff have to ring IOM Steam Packet Company to confirm booking and get a reservation number so that might be the stumbling block for online.

Alton according to seat61.com, reservations aren't mandatory?

janb

Alton according to seat61.com, reservations aren't mandatory?

From the link IanM provides,

"Once you have made your Sail & Rail booking online, please contact our reservations team at [email protected] or 01624 661661 and we will be pleased to confirm your ferry reservation. (Subject to availability.)"

The information bulletin on Journey Planner for station staff is worded similarly.

Status
Not open for further replies.