• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Through Sleeper: Budapest - Krakow

Status
Not open for further replies.

liam456

Hello RUK,

I'm hoping for some advice on an upcoming Interrail trip I'm planning over the Christmas - New Year holidays. My question is whether the Budapest - Krakow through coach runs beyond the 13th Dec as stated here on the bahn.com journey planner. I'm trying to avoid a late night change in Breclav as suggested here.

Also, does the following formation confirm there are two through couchette coaches from Budapest to Krakow?

Finally, can anyone tell me what the couchette supplement cost is for the train?

Thank you kindly RUK!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
I would be very surprised if the Budapest-Krakow portion was withdrawn. The CD journey planner shows it as running. It won't have been loaded for booking yet, which is not at all unusual for Central Europe.

The link shows 2 couchettes in summer only (see the dates below #355) otherwise 1, plus a sleeper and a seats coach all year. Again, unlikely to change much.
Can't help with the berth price, but it won't break the bank!

Polrail

It will run. It's like this every year in December. First the direct trains appear in the system. Then later the through cars, which are switched between trains, appear.

Cloud Strife

Established Member
It would be very surprising if it was withdrawn, as PKP Intercity are busy trying to expand their international offer in the face of competition.

However, it's normal with Polish railway operators to not have anything ready until the last minute concerning the new timetable. Given that this requires quite a lot of cooperation, it'll appear quite late (as usual).

Status
Not open for further replies.