• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thumpers, any more left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

Does anyone know if any thumpers are operating around the London, South East & Southern regions? I heard the last one was a while back by SEG.

If it has been posted in RailGen, then excuse me, but I'm to lazy to try and work out what is what :P ;)

Any help gratefully noticed.

Cheers,

David :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Only at preserved railways.

It's possible to occasionally get 1001 in passenger service between Hastings and Ashford though.

Dave A

Yes, I heard that was still going but wasn't sure. If anyone ever gets confirmation of its running, please let me know ASAP as it's been quite a while since I've been on one, and would like one last chance before they vanish! :cry: :(

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If it is ever running it'll be posted on Rail Gen on the morning. You'd have to be pretty quick to get over to Ashford in time though.

I was lucky enough to get it once.

joy54.gen

There was a point earlier this year when it ran everyday for quite a few months, it now is VERY rare and really only comes out when more then one 171 is out as they have a few spare. It is usually posted on the gen groups, most notably the Thumper, EMU Slam Door and Railgen. All other Thumpers I believe are not in public service and are unlikely to ever be again.

TheSlash

Established Member
1001's allocations appear on the net thanks to a few comitted individuals, so postings depend on time of allocation and other things happening in this persons job/life

1K73

AlexS said:
If you really want to ride a thumper, try the ELR on a weekday, as far as I know, it runs the passenger service.

Only in August. 207202 is currently 'In traffic' however, and will be used on the Bury-Heywood shuttles in our Santa Special season, along with the 101 on the Ramsbottom-Rawtenstall section, and Kettle + Diesel on the main Bury Ramsbottom santa section.

David

Julian G

Established Member
is it true that a Thumper will be working Brighton-Ashford in December? :o

1K73

Wouldn't be suprised, one of the earlier examples ( 201 or 202? ) is passed for main-line running, and has done so a heck of a lot....

David

Status
Not open for further replies.