• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thunderstorm-related delays in the Reading/Tilehurst area

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsr

Established Member
Heads-up for any late night travellers (fortunately, in this case, not including myself!): there appear to be quite significant problems in the Reading/Tilehurst area due to a major thunderstorm affecting railway infrastructure. From what I've heard, I suspect lightning has damaged signalling equipment. I can see a couple of trains have been stranded in the storm.

These thunderstorms are moving South-East, so there's always a possibility that any significant damage which occurs could affect trains in Hampshire/Sussex and maybe Surrey around the start of service later this morning (Sat. 14/06), as well as any lasting damage in the Berkshire area. Obviously, I can't say this for certain, but apparently the lightning strikes have been notably frequent so far.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hassaanhc

Established Member
They've had a horrific evening it seems, the 2129 Taunton - Paddington passed Pangbourne 20 late and got to Reading 71 late! The 2330 Paddington - Cardiff Central passed Twyford 6 late, got to Reading 59 late and eventually got to Didcot Parkway 93 late! The sleeper is lucky at only 67 late :P.

Status
Not open for further replies.