• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thurmaston Bus/Coachmaster Repossession, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCW

Hi all,

I sometimes stick my head around here but don't always log in when looking...

I thought this might be a good place to try as many of the forums I am on are so niche they are dead...

Thurmaston Bus/Coachmaster Ltd. was an independent operator within Leicestershire who were established way back in 2000. Thurmaston Bus issued a winding up order on the 10th August 2011. after which, Coachmaster Ltd. (in itself a seperate company but was part of the 'group') took over the remaining commercial services and private hire contracts etc.

This arrangement lasted two month's until the axe came on the 28th October 2011. since then I have heard from bus enthusiasts that the buses all got repossessed. I am currently trying to track them down, as I am interested to try and get at least one of the vehicles saved for preservation.

the vehicles in question are as follows:

MCW Metrobuses: POG566Y, ROX640Y, A763WVP, B870DOM, POG540Y, C896FON, POG533Y, POG484Y, P138TDL, POG535Y, P140TDL, P305HDP

The following are newer vehicles which were the mainstay of the fleet running the main commercial services before the aforementioned buses.

I wonder if any of the bus spotters and photographers on here have happened to see these buses recently: KV02URL -KV02URS, KV02USP,

if you have any idea where these buses are it would be appreciated!

I know its an awful lot to ask but when you think how many buses are on our roads and out there then when you think about it.... its not very much? lol

anyway many thanks indeed in advance!

Bruce
(if you come from Leicester, Yes I am that bus campaign guy but I'm an enthusiastic enthusiast!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ginga

Hi all,

I sometimes stick my head around here but don't always log in when looking...

I thought this might be a good place to try as many of the forums I am on are so niche they are dead...

Thurmaston Bus/Coachmaster Ltd. was an independent operator within Leicestershire who were established way back in 2000. Thurmaston Bus issued a winding up order on the 10th August 2011. after which, Coachmaster Ltd. (in itself a seperate company but was part of the 'group') took over the remaining commercial services and private hire contracts etc.

This arrangement lasted two month's until the axe came on the 28th October 2011. since then I have heard from bus enthusiasts that the buses all got repossessed. I am currently trying to track them down, as I am interested to try and get at least one of the vehicles saved for preservation.

the vehicles in question are as follows:

MCW Metrobuses: POG566Y, ROX640Y, A763WVP, B870DOM, POG540Y, C896FON, POG533Y, POG484Y, P138TDL, POG535Y, P140TDL, P305HDP

The following are newer vehicles which were the mainstay of the fleet running the main commercial services before the aforementioned buses.

I wonder if any of the bus spotters and photographers on here have happened to see these buses recently: KV02URL -KV02URS, KV02USP,

if you have any idea where these buses are it would be appreciated!

I know its an awful lot to ask but when you think how many buses are on our roads and out there then when you think about it.... its not very much? lol

anyway many thanks indeed in advance!

Bruce
(if you come from Leicester, Yes I am that bus campaign guy but I'm an enthusiastic enthusiast!)

The Two National Express K340's are with Premiere Travel Nottingham , The Volvo B12b FJ07 VLF also came to Premiere in storage but was sold on to Mcewens of Mansfield .

The other coaches that were on National Express coaches are for sale via Ventura . which is the used sales part of Dawsons Rentals. Im told the 05 plate Volvo b12b's are for sale for £75000 each.

Everything else in the fleet the Tridents and Darts plus Enviros is at Dawsons Rentals.

enviro kx60dvp is now with turners tours of chulmleigh, devon, i believe they brought it but i could be wrong as it is still in plain white (they're not the best at repainting stuff)
it is often found working in tiverton
shame thurmaston went bust, they had a nice fleet

MCW

The Two National Express K340's are with Premiere Travel Nottingham , The Volvo B12b FJ07 VLF also came to Premiere in storage but was sold on to Mcewens of Mansfield .

The other coaches that were on National Express coaches are for sale via Ventura . which is the used sales part of Dawsons Rentals. Im told the 05 plate Volvo b12b's are for sale for £75000 each.

Everything else in the fleet the Tridents and Darts plus Enviros is at Dawsons Rentals.

Ah yes, thanks Ginga, I forgot about those two coaches.

Nice to see some of the coach fleet still active! :D

enviro kx60dvp is now with turners tours of chulmleigh, devon, i believe they brought it but i could be wrong as it is still in plain white (they're not the best at repainting stuff)
it is often found working in tiverton
shame thurmaston went bust, they had a nice fleet

Most possibly rentals. I did ask about the Tridents (and the enviros but hence didn't want to list 50 registration numbers....) as I knew they were at Dawsons but I would have thought they might have moved on by now. they were good deckers and went like rockets, would beat a first Volvo/ALX 400 off the line anyday!

Shame that we haven't heard anything about the metrobuses and the 4 dennis darts. they had a lot of life left in them really. I asked the total travel guys if they had acquired or heard anything of them and they said likely case was that the buses were all repossessed.... if that's the case would love to know who before they get turned into soup cans!!

I'm going to dig about a bit more and ask Centrebus if they have any of them. it was rumoured by a few people that Centrebus had bought back their old metrobuses, which i don't think is true as I haven't seen a centrebus livered Metro since about 2006/07! (plus the fact as soon as centrebus buy some vehicles they are normally shoved straight into service with centrebus lettering.

MCW

Sorry, I was trying to send a PM

I have it now, will reply when i have a spare five minutes later tonight :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
UPDATE:

the metrobuses have been located somewhere in Leicester, I will be visiting the impound on wednesday, I believe it is manned so should be able to ask permission for photo's.

Please keep an eye out for the Single deckers of the P reg variety, Although I feel they might have moved on ages ago.

many thanks thus far.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
2nd update 12/4:

Coachmaster are still in business depsite the information which is banding about Leicester. Spoke to the Owner of the Metrobuses who has said they are still in Daily use bar Ex WM 2896 which is going for scrap after some component recovery.

they were in a lock up and I thought they had been abandoned which they haven't and I am very pleased that they will still be in service. The P reg dennis darts still exist, P138 is in service and P140 is being repaired at stafford Bus due to a full front end smash up a little while ago.

many thanks for reading and keeping up and suggesting where the vehicles are. I will keep looking out for the dawsons vehicles as and when they become rented out!

many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.