• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thursday 14th May, Channel 5 - two new railway series...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
21.00 Paddington: a year on the tracks.

22.00 The Tube: Going Underground.

Both are billed as new series, but I suspect the first may be composed of clips from Paddington 24/7 that were never shown? The second I have a feeling might have been shown before although it doesn't say "repeat"?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Not being listed as repeats in next week's "Radio Times" (9-15 May 2020).

Also, at 8 pm on C5 that same evening, "Fare Dodgers: at war with the Law."

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Thanks; I thought that might be the case.

Any idea if my suspicion about the other "new" series is correct?

tarq

Not being listed as repeats in next week's "Radio Times" (9-15 May 2020).

Also, at 8 pm on C5 that same evening, "Fare Dodgers: at war with the Law."

Is Fare Dodgers: at war with the Law series 2 or a repeat of series 1?

DelW

Established Member
Just seen Paddington, year on the tracks, I have seen it before.
Started off with travellers to the Cheltenham Festival in 2018, and potential flooding at Cowley Bridge - from the IMDb episode list, that looks like it came from series 2 episode 8, though the rest of the episode looks different. The trailer for next week referred to an unexploded bomb found on the Devon coast, which looks like it comes from series 3 episode 9. So probably re-edited, but not new material.
Looks odd now to see Paddington full of HSTs in dynamic lines livery, though just an occasional cl800 poked its nose in.

Andyh82

Established Member
Channel 5 have form in renaming and reediting programmes and passing them off as new

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Channel 5 have form in renaming and reediting programmes and passing them off as new

Yep - looks like that's exactly what they've done here. Everything was from various different episodes of the previous series.

Right.... series abandoned. Again!

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Noted that tonight's episode of "Paddington: a Year on the Tracks" (C5, Thursday 14th May 2020, 8.00 p.m.) was listed in "Radio Times" as being a "new series". My TV's electronic programme guide display indicated that it was Series 4 Episode 1 and inspection of the programme's closing titles showed a copyright date of 2020, but agree with other posters that the episode appeared, in essence, to be a "revised repeat".

Envoy

Established Member
So, obviously CH5 have not noticed that GWR has a new fleet of InterCity Express Trains since they did the filming? OFCOM should step in and stop TV companies from using this ‘new’ nonsense when in fact the programmes are repeats - even they they do one or two edits of the originals.

JohnMcL7

I was wondering if it was a mistake to reshow an old episode as 'new' but the next one looks to be a repeat as well which if deliberate is pretty underhanded.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
I was wondering if it was a mistake to reshow an old episode as 'new' but the next one looks to be a repeat as well which if deliberate is pretty underhanded.
Not a full repeat as the "new" episodes are supposedly being "refreshed" with previously unscreened footage, but somewhat misleading.

The next "new" episode of "Paddington: a year on the Tracks" (C5 on Thursday 21st May 2020 at 9.00 p.m.) looks at the heatwave which caused a points failure at at Didcot, and chaos at Paddington for folk travelling to Henley Regatta.

londonbridge

Established Member
As per earlier post, last nights episode was billed in the SKY epg as series 4 episode 1. Recorded it with series link, it's dropped next weeks episode into the scheduled tab billed as 'series 1 episode 2'! Also a 'next series' entry has appeared under the original "Paddington Station 24/7" title.

Have seen all previous episodes so looks like I can safely delete it until some real new material comes along.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Wonder how much money is made from all those who text in using Channel 5's £2 per SMS text message "competition" entry line?

Status
Not open for further replies.