• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket acceptance Whilst London Overground is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ootooting

Hi everyone!

Just a quick question, I'm travelling today from Teddington to Leytonstone High Road.

Leytonstone High Road is shut for engineering works, will my ticket be accepted to Leytonstone underground station? Or will I have to go to Walthamstow and take the replacement bus?

I'm asking because this will be a PRIV ticket and so I will only get the staff discount if my destination station is NR or LOROL.

I've called and asked TFL who had absolutely no idea and passed me on to NR enquiries who also had no idea...

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
The only Underground stations that a National Rail ticket will be accepted at (for South Tottenham - Barking closure) are Seven Sisters, Tottenham Hale, Blackhorse Road, Walthamstow Central, East Ham and Barking.

Ootooting

The only Underground stations that a National Rail ticket will be accepted at (for South Tottenham - Barking closure) are Seven Sisters, Tottenham Hale, Blackhorse Road, Walthamstow Central, East Ham and Barking.

Amazing! Thank you. Now why i couldn't get this info from TFL or NR I don't know!

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Amazing! Thank you. Now why i couldn't get this info from TFL or NR I don't know!

You might have incorrectly assumed that the people they employ in help roles are able to look it up on their own website:

National Rail ticketholders
Paper National Rail tickets will be accepted at alternative Tube stations (Finsbury Park, Seven Sisters, Tottenham Hale, Blackhorse Road and Walthamstow Central, East Ham, Barking).

https://tfl.gov.uk/status-updates/major-works-and-events/london-overground-closure#on-this-page-4

Status
Not open for further replies.