• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket advice - Chesterfield - Lancaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

talltim

Established Member
My sister and myself are travelling from Chesterfield to Lancaster and return on the 16th Jan (a Friday) We need to be there about 13:00 and leave at about 17:00.
The Off-Peak Return at £43.60 is looking the best bet as I can't find any simple advances and we could do with being flexible on the return time.
Are there any splits that would offer a large saving that would make it worth losing the flexibility?
Are there any peak time limitations on the return portion of an Off-Peak Return?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hardcastle

Try splitting at Manchester, Chesterfield-Man Picc £20.90, Man Picc-Lancaster £17.30 total £38.20 both off peak day returns.

Established Member
I can better that

Chesterfield to Grindleford £9.40 Anytime Day Return
GM Wayfarer £11
Chorley to Lancaster £10.70

£31.10
Only conditions are you have to put up with a pacer and travel to Lancaster via Bolton, which usually means another Change at Preston.

Hardcastle

I did think about the GM Wayfarer but a mostly 2 hourly service between Sheffield & Manchester made it inflexible tbh but might be suitable for some.

Established Member
Hardcastle:2026274 said:
I did think about the GM Wayfarer but a mostly 2 hourly service between Sheffield & Manchester made it inflexible tbh but might be suitable for some.
yeah forgot its only two hourly during the day. When j use that service its at weekends or peak times when the service is hourly.

Hardcastle

I agree ive only used it on Saturdays & that's maybe why not on any other day the frequency is not that good otherwise, but that's for another thread.

talltim

Established Member
Not sure I fancy cross Pennine on a pacer again! I'll look at the Manchester split, thanks

Established Member
talltim:2026805 said:
Not sure I fancy cross Pennine on a pacer again! I'll look at the Manchester split, thanks
with you on that! I did a return trip from Manchester to Sheffield on 142042 last Saturday. Not fun, especially not in the dark!

Status
Not open for further replies.