• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket Advice for Crewe to Taunton please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going from Crewe to Taunton on Wednesday and coming back on Friday and got to be in Taunton around 7pm and have been looking at any cheap fares but cant seem to find any.

Is there anyway i can break the tickets up on this route to make it cheaper?

I am looking to leave taunton around 10am on friday back to crewe.

any advice please.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
I am going from Crewe to Taunton on Wednesday and coming back on Friday and got to be in Taunton around 7pm and have been looking at any cheap fares but cant seem to find any.

Is there anyway i can break the tickets up on this route to make it cheaper?

I am looking to leave taunton around 10am on friday back to crewe.

any advice please.

Assuming no Railcard, the cheapest through ticket now available is the £70.50 Off-Peak Return (SVR). For example,
Wed 15 April: Virgin 1501 Crewe - Birmingham New St 1555, then
CrossCountry 1612 Birmingham New St - Taunton 1815.
Fri 17 April: CrossCountry 0951 Taunton - Birmingham New St 1156, then
Virgin 1220 Birmingham New St - Crewe 1307.

You can reduce this to £68.30, while retaining flexibility, by buying two tickets:
£51.80 SVR Crewe - Bristol Temple M
£16.50 SVR Bristol Temple M - Taunton

There are cheap Advance fares available on London Midland between Crewe and Birmingham, but the lack of Advance fares on the CrossCountry trains makes it difficult to reduce the total cost.

There are also Advance fares available between Crewe and Bristol via Shrewsbury, but you would need to advance your departure times by several hours in each direction to achieve a significant saving.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.