• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket Advice, Kings Langley-Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuna84

Hi everyone,
Looking for the usual great ticketing advice from the experts on here. I will be travelling down to Brighton on the 22nd June, returning on the 24th June. I see that there is an off-peak return available priced at £35.60. Firstly am I able to start short on the outward leg, travelling from Clapham Junction to Brighton (as I will already be in London)? Secondly, are there any useful splitting points to possibly reduce the cost?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
What time would you like to travel?

Would you like flexible tickets or would you be happy to commit to advance tickets or Southern Daysave.

cuna84

I'll be travelling in the peak on the Friday and not sure what time on Sunday so I would imagine the off peak return is the best bet

cuna84

I do Sonic yes, but ideally I would like to split using paper tickets as travelling and having to detrain, touch in/out and then wait for a following train is not ideal

sonic2009

Established Member
I do Sonic yes, but ideally I would like to split using paper tickets as travelling and having to detrain, touch in/out and then wait for a following train is not ideal

I was going to further a question to asking if you had Oyster, do you hold a weekly travelcard on Oyster? or is it just a PAYG one.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

sonic2009

Established Member
Kings Langley to Brighton off peak return with web discount £25.95 from www.southernrailway.com

Cuna84 please note the ticket above johnnycache has suggested is route Kensington Olympia, this means :

You must travel via Kensington Olympia on the way back. So your route would be :

• Brighton - Clapham Junction
  • Clapham Junction - Watford Junction via Kensington Olympia
  • Watford Junction - Kings Langley

If you wish to travel :

• Brighton - London Victoria
  • London Victoria - London Euston via Tube
  • London Euston - Kings Langley

Then the Any Permitted ticket priced at £30.35 (when booked online) will be applicable for the above journey.

cuna84

Perfect thanks guys, and just to confirm again that I can start short with this ticket on the outward journey?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Kings Langley - Brighton
Route Kensngtn Olympia
Off-Peak Return
£29.80 (£25.95 with web discount)

and

Kings Langley - Brighton
Route +Any Permitted
Off-Peak Return
£35.60 (£30.35 with web discount)

both have Restriction 4B, which does not have break of journey restriction, so you're fine to start short on either ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.