• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket barrier error codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister-sparky

Hey guys, I have an All Line Rover 7 day and it NEVER works in ticket barriers. Why is this? I’ve done one about 5 times now after the last few years and every single ticket barrier spits it out, saying error 112. What is error 112? Also get bored of explaining to gateline staff that just because it was issued at a certain station it doesn’t mean it’s only valid from that station...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deafdoggie

Established Member
So does that mean if I got one issued at certain stations it would work better than one issued at another station?

robbeech

Established Member
I refuse to automatically put them through a barrier. If I’m asked to do so by gateline staff then I will oblige of course. Then they let me through when it rejects. I have had them swallowed before. I think the only place I have had a barrier accept it is Birmingham New Street though I haven’t tried too many places for the reasoning above.

I’ve never had anyone question it’s validity, even at King’s Cross in the early morning when I’ve been to catch a GC or HT etc.

PeterY

Established Member
Mine never worked either. I just showed the gate line staff my ticket in the end, with a smile and said "gates don't like all line rovers". Only once was I asked to put it though the gate line (Virgin station) and guess what, it didn't work. :frown:

Silver Cobra

Rovers are more difficult to program because the from station is the issuing point.

That would explain why the one I had back in 2016 worked at Exeter St Davids, whereas at most other stations it didn't work (except for Liverpool Street and Ipswich strangely where it did work), as it was issued by the GWR web sales team.

David57

I have done a couple of ALRs, and never trusted an unattended gate line, for fear of it being swallowed!

Deafdoggie

Established Member
There shouldn't be any unattended gatelines.

Many stations have unattended gatelines, particularly those with more than one entrance. Although there’s usually a call point, it can take a very long while for a response!

Status
Not open for further replies.