• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ticket booking sites down

Status
Not open for further replies.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Trying to book a return train ticket for today but the booking system is down. Southern say the maintenance is expected to be finished by 4am. No other booking site is working either and i've bit found a message about it.

If I don't book soon I won't be able to collect the tickets in time and of course Southern's 12% offer is only available online.

Anyone know more about this?

Thanks
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There is now a message up. When I say other sites affected, I only tested national rail enquiries.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The East Coast booking engine also appears to be down, as is RedSpottedHanky.

Assuming this issue is affecting all WebTIS based booking engines.

Frustrating, at least Trainline based engines still appear to be working e.g. EMT.

infobleep

Veteran Member
At least the service will be back up shortly. But if that's not short enough I'll just have to buy the full price tickets at the train station.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
If I don't book soon I won't be able to collect the tickets in time and of course Southern's 12% offer is only available online.

If you are up against the actual departure time of your train then you have a problem, but if you were thinking about the 2-hour window before departure and if the tickets are flexible then remember that WebTIS booked tickets are pretty much always available immediately. In the unlikely event that they weren't then the rainy day guarantee should mitigate the loss.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Tickets can now be booked from any web site as far as I can tell expect Southern's Web Site. I've tested multiple browsers.

Perhaps someone in Southern's Web team needs to switch off the redirect. They might be at lunch.

So the underlying problem may have been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.