• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket Checks on Stansted Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

Veteran Member
I travelled to and from Liverpool Street to Stansted Airport on the above service this week.

On neither service were the tickets checked onboard - is this normal ?

Travelling in 1st Class was great as it was empty compared to Cattle Class - however I feel there may have been a few freeloaders travelling from intermediate stations.

Another annoying factor was the presence of last minute boarding cattle class ticket holders traipsing through our carriage in order to access their benches further up the train and spoiling the ambience.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
I think you may be first against the wall when the proletariat rise up.

No free whisky either, I'd write a strongly worded letter of complaint if I were you.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think you may be first against the wall when the proletariat rise up.

I suspect Butts is one of those that will manage to blend in seamlessly with the proles when they stage their inevitable revolution and will get away scot-free with being a class traitor :lol:

More seriously it's not unusual to have no ticket check when you're that close to London on a short distance service. This is particularly the case on Driver Only services as they may well be the only member of staff on board! I have a feeling that Heathrow Express might be the only such airport service that manages to consistently check all tickets.

Established Member
I suspect Butts is one of those that will manage to blend in seamlessly with the proles when they stage their inevitable revolution and will get away scot-free with being a class traitor :lol:

More seriously it's not unusual to have no ticket check when you're that close to London on a short distance service. This is particularly the case on Driver Only services as they may well be the only member of staff on board! I have a feeling that Heathrow Express might be the only such airport service that manages to consistently check all tickets.
GTR check all the tickets on their Gatwick Express branded services, and fraudulently demand a payment from anyone who hasn't been conned into paying their 'premium'...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.