• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket checks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badger1badger

Hi everyone

Below is a list of journeys I have done today

Mainly of places I used to go but also an odd real ale place !

I had a valid day rover, all day I was asked only 2 times for my ticket at Leeds and once on the knottingley train - just wondered if this is normal and if so are the TOC missing out in fares by people who dodge tickets

Leeds to Wakefield*

Wakefield to Leeds*

Leeds to Wakefield west gate*

West gate to kirkgate

Kirkgate to pontefract

Pontefract to knottingley

Knottingley to pontefract*

Pontefract to Halifax*

Halifax to sowerby bridge

Sowerby bridge to brighouse

Brighouse to Huddersfield*

Huddersfield to dewsbury*

Dewsbury to Huddersfield*

Huddersfield to dewsbury*

Dewsbury to Leeds*
Any other ideas

Cheers

Paul

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
Some of the journeys you did were very short e.g. Westgate to Kirkgate and Huddersfield to Brighouse so they only give the guard limited time for ticket checks meaning it's possible they were checking tickets on these trains but didn't get to you.

There's also quite a few journeys you did starting at a station with ticket barriers or manual ticket checks on entry/exit. Yes you avoided them because you alighted another service BUT you had to show a ticket to start your first journey and I imagine other passengers were in the same boat.

badger1badger

I think on this, they probably consider having to set foot on the station at Kirkgate punishment enough :P

Out of interest, what do the *'s mean?

Hi thanks both good points the * are a mistake when copied from my notes on
My phone it put them in !

Cheers

P

Status
Not open for further replies.