Ticket collection code not recognised

SAPhil

Yesterday I purchased a St Albans to London Thameslink off peak return with Senior railcard discount via the GWR web-site. When I attempted to collect the tickets two and a half hours later none of the machines I tried recognised the code. The man at the booking office tried as well with the same outcome. As a result I had to purchase another ticket from the booking office. Fortunately there was no queue, so I didn't miss the train I was aiming for! Can anyone suggest the best way I can claim back the £9.15 from GWR?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just to check - when you received the ticket did it come with a barcode? Wondering if it was fulfilled as an e-ticket which means you can't collect a physical version for travel.

Either way, GWR are one of the easier TOCs to contact re ticket issues, just fill out this form: https://www.railhelp.co.uk/gwr/websupport

SAPhil

Thanks, definitely not an e-ticket. I've submitted the form - so fingers crossed!

Haywain

Established Member
There were national problems with ToD collection yesterday afternoon and this morning and it seems likely that this was what you encountered.