• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket Collection Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWDBahn

I have a query about an amended TPEX reservation. I've contacted their customer service team whose response is inconclusive, hence this post...

Relates to an Advance Single Disabled Booking from Wigan North Western to Glasgow Central (original tickets were for a journey today to be collected from station) which I've changed through their website (Covid fee free amendment) to an another Advance ticket same route, time, ticket, different date however this time they are sending the amended tickets by post.

Their procedure says that I need to travel with both sets of tickets because I changed the booking. (New tickets may reference original booking but new tickets not yet received).

I went to the Wigan North Western station yesterday (day before departure)to collect original tickets from machine (I have the original reference code and payment card/PIN), however it wouldn't dispense due to a technical issue and the ticket office was closed.

My original travel departure (today) has now passed and the original tickets remain uncollected.

Question: Can I still collect my original tickets from ticket office (or ticket machine) even though it's now after departure because I still needs these to be shown with the new tickets for the amended travel arrangements next week?

Note that as a disabled traveller, it's difficult for me to keep attending the station to collect. I can't find a number for the booking office at Wigan NW which is an Avanti Station.

Response from TPEX "Hi, You would need to ask at the booking office to see if they can still print the tickets, or if you'd still need the originals."

Thanks for your help!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
Their procedure says that I need to travel with both sets of tickets because I changed the booking. (New tickets may reference original booking but new tickets not yet received).

Just to confirm you will need both of the tickets. When you change an advance with Transpennine, they issue the new ticket as an excess fare, which is marked as 'only valid with ticket xxxxx'.

SWDBahn

Thanks for the further information about ticket validity.

Let's hope the original tickets stay in the TVM system for 8 days post departure, so I only have to make one more journey to the station to pick them up and board the train.

alistairlees

Established Member

Let's hope the original tickets stay in the TVM system for 8 days post departure, so I only have to make one more journey to the station to pick them up and board the train.
This will be fine. You can collect them from any station that has a TVM with ticket on departure collection facilities (in practice, any station that has a TVM except for a Merseyrail station). So you might want to try somewhere else.

_toommm_

Established Member

I'm tempted to say it's 28 days post-departure that any unused collection codes get removed.

SWDBahn

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Looks like I'm not going to get stranded at WGN after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.