• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket Examiner GWR London Paddington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveo43

Hi,
does anyone know what roughly the T.Es earn on GWR Paddington based? Also would anyone have any idea why GWR are advertising the roles only on a fixed term contract? I know there lots of changes taking place over the next couple of years and probably guessed that this woukd be the main reason. Also does GWR still have Revenue Protection Officers or has that role disappeared? Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PudseyBearHST

Hi,
does anyone know what roughly the T.Es earn on GWR Paddington based? Also would anyone have any idea why GWR are advertising the roles only on a fixed term contract? I know there lots of changes taking place over the next couple of years and probably guessed that this woukd be the main reason. Also does GWR still have Revenue Protection Officers or has that role disappeared? Many thanks in advance for any replies.

They were actually initially advertising for both Fixed Term Contract (FTC) Ticket examiners for one year as well as Full time (permanent) Ticket examiners as I checked a few days ago (both at London Paddington). So assumably they have had either enough applicants for the Full-time Ticket Examiners position or this was a mistake.

Last edited:

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Ticket examiners are NOT RPOs. They have the same ticket powers as a Guard, just no safety critical training. Pay is nowhere near 25k, more like 21-22k

Sprinter153

Ticket examiners are NOT RPOs. They have the same ticket powers as a Guard, just no safety critical training. Pay is nowhere near 25k, more like 21-22k

TEs are also trained to issue Penalty Fares which Guards are not.

As well as the headline salary they earn commission of 5% on tickets sold through a mobile TIS (not PFs or Unpaid Fare Notices). Guards at my depot (HSS) are on approx 14k more per annum (basic) but I know some TEs that earn more than that taking into account commission and overtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.