• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ticket examiner

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman0303

Is it true that in order to be successful in applying for this position you must have a minimum of 3 years cash handling experience?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Is it true that in order to be successful in applying for this position you must have a minimum of 3 years cash handling experience?

Noas far as I am aware. As long as you have some experience of cash handling in a commercial environment / position of trust.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator

Where have you heard this? In my opinion, any company putting this down as a requirement would be leaving themselves wide open to accusations of age discrimination.

The application form will ask something like:

"How much cash handling experience do you have?"

The answers will either be:

"Lots"
"Some"
"None"

rail-britain

Established Member
any company putting this down as a requirement would be leaving themselves wide open to accusations of age discrimination.
Don't see how as some companies ask for 10 years experience in some fields, and so on
However if they advised they were looking for 3 years experience since 1980, or 3 years experience prior to 2005, then would not be permitted

What is no longer permitted is to ask for specific dates related to age (ie Date of Birth)

iceman0303

I used to work in my uncles shop every weekend serving customers and yes I also had the paper round from said shop, I only put me working in shop on application, wasn't sure if it would be enough

Status
Not open for further replies.