• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket from Barnsley to Burgess Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

davart

Hi All,

I'd like to travel from Barnsley to Burgess Hill, leaving on a Friday and returning some time on the Saturday the day after.

I have a Railcard.

I could also just travel from Sheffield to St Pancras, using alternate means of travel to get to the Destination e.g. lift in a car.

I can book in advance.

What is the cheapest fare available? It appears to be roughly £70 inc. Railcard discount.

Does anyone know of a better deal?

I'd appreciate any help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Simply using Advance tickets (ie booked train/s) only gets it down to around £53 (mid May) for the throughout journey. That's your price to beat!

davart

Thanks for the replies!

I'll investigate the possibility of booking an Advance ticket and look on Train Split.

_toommm_

Established Member
Splitting at Sheffield is an obvious split off the top of my head, but TrainSplit will do all the work for you, and will make sure your itenaray is valid and respects the minimum connection times at stations.

Veteran Member
Splitting at Sheffield is an obvious split off the top of my head, but TrainSplit will do all the work for you, and will make sure your itenaray is valid and respects the minimum connection times at stations.
For the dates I looked at mid - May, Sheffield, Barnsley and Doncaster were all very similar. The cheapest fares were via Doncaster, and there is a small saving (£4 or so) by splitting at Kings Cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.