• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket gatelines at Lincoln.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugby

Established Member
I noticed yesterday that Lincoln now has two separate gatelines, one for entering and one for exiting the station. The entry barriers are at the porch where the ticket office and cafe are and the exit barriers are further along the platform next to an arch which opens directly out to the forecourt.

When I arrived just after 1300, the exit barriers were manned and there was a lengthy queue of people without tickets waiting to pay two ticket sellers who were in attendance at the head of a separate exit line which had been set up for the purpose.
When I returned about an hour later, both sets of barriers were open and unmanned.

My question is; are the (new) exit barriers manned and operated just when an arrival is imminent and then opened when the influx has dispersed?
With the ongoing Northern dispute, there are some long periods of inactivity at Lincoln on Saturdays at present.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Welly

Damn things are unable to read the bog paper format tickets issued by Northern Trains conductors!

whhistle

On Moderation
It surprised me Lincoln doesn't have a better facility to retail tickets on the track side of the barriers, even though it may only be used at certain times of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.