Ticket help London to East Midlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

I wish to travel from St Pancras to Sleaford via the MML, day return in the next 2 weeks.

As the weather looks unpredictable and the lower advance quotas have filled, a flexible ticket is probably best.

According to brfares.com STP-SLR tickets are routed via Peterborough which I don't want, so I will need several tickets.

I will travel when restriction CJ is not in force. I intend to break my journey at some or all of Market Harborough, Leicester and Nottingham.

Is there anything cheaper than SUPER OFFPEAK R London to Bingham £69 plus OFF-PEAK DAY R Bingham to Sleaford £12.60?

Also BIN-SLR is routed via Grantham. Would this mean it is technically not valid on the 1 or 2 trains per day which avoid Grantham?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kieron

Established Member
I haven't checked when CJ allows, but a super off peak return from West Hampstead Stations to Sleaford is valid via London and Nottingham according to nre.co.uk*. That's a bit cheaper at £71.10 return.

* You may need to delete any nationalrail.co.uk cookies you have for this link to open correctly.

Veteran Member
I haven't checked when CJ allows, but a super off peak return from West Hampstead Stations to Sleaford is valid via London and Nottingham according to nre.co.uk*. That's a bit cheaper at £71.10 return.
It carries 9D which is the same from STP and allows BOJ both ways; however, there is a severe morning restriction into STP (not that it should matter in this case).

Romilly

Established Member
That £71.10 ticket has restriction 9D so no outward weekday departure from St Pancras before 1005.

Status
Not open for further replies.