• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket machines used by bus companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

83G/84D

Established Member
What types are used by bus companies and are the same ones used across the groups such as First Go Ahead,Stagecoach etc?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pompeyfan

Established Member
From observation and experience, First split their ticket machines into operating areas.

First south west and Wales (including hampshire) use a machine manufactured by Almex.

First eastern counties, such as Essex, use the same machine that My local Go-Ahead and Stagecoach operators use.

There's also a cheaper one called ticketer which is used by smaller independent companies.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Ticketer is aparently very diverse and can handle all sorts

Having been given a demonstration of things it can do by a driver, it seems a very versatile and easy to use system. Also capable of doing things like two way messaging, defect reports etc.

skyhigh

Established Member
Uno bus in Hertforshire uses a ticket machine used by INIT - nasty things, controlled by a touchscreen that appears to spontaneously go out of calibration with no way for the driver to re-calibrate it.

First in West Yorkshire also uses Almex machines.

Rich McLean

Established Member
Wayfarer in use on NXWM, with the old style ticket printers behind the drivers cab

Last edited:

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
McGills currently use Ticketer on it's 23 and also on the ClydeFlyer routes and on all the other routes they use Almex. They were trialling ERG on the 23 but went for Ticketer instead.

I believe First Glasgow is either in discussions or almost ready to get rid of the Almex machines and replace them with ERG.

Stan Drews

Established Member
Transdev Blazefield use Parkeon Wayfarer, with the new Wayfarer 6 going into use soon in Lancashire.

Established Member
Lothian currently uses the Parkeon Wayfarer 200, but I believe they're being replaced next year.

Whatever new machines they go for can't come soon enough*, because the 200s are mostly worn out and generally just a bit crap.

*Unless they're worse.

ag51ruk

Uno bus in Hertforshire uses a ticket machine used by INIT - nasty things, controlled by a touchscreen that appears to spontaneously go out of calibration with no way for the driver to re-calibrate it.

First in West Yorkshire also uses Almex machines.

Trent Barton use INIT machines as well, although I haven't noticed drivers having any issues using them

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
From observation and experience, First split their ticket machines into operating areas.

First south west and Wales (including hampshire) use a machine manufactured by Almex.

First eastern counties, such as Essex, use the same machine that My local Go-Ahead and Stagecoach operators use.

There's also a cheaper one called ticketer which is used by smaller independent companies.

First Manchester also use Almex Optima BLs.
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.