• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisgr31

Established Member
Evening all and hope you have had a good day.

On Wednesday I am going to the theatre in London with my daughter and my brothers family and trying to work out ticket options.

Departure station is Crowborough and we need to be at Drury Lane by 2pm.

I have a season ticket and can use a PAYG Oyster card. Others in the party include my brother and his wife, daughter, mother in law and my daughter. Only my daughter and I are returning to Crowborough as the rest are staying in London for a few days before flying to their respective homes abroad. One daughter is 15 the other 13. No railcards, bus passes etc.

Plan is that my brother and his wife will get a taxi from London Bridge station to the hotel they are staying at with all the luggage. In the meantime his mother in law, the daughters and myself will travel by bus from London Bridge to Drury Lane so we can see some sights on route.

Choices of trains are the 9.45 and 10.45 from Crowborough. My thoughts are that my brother and his wife should get singles, but I think it would probably be easiest and possibly cheapest for his mother in law to get a one day Travelcard. I think the 2 daughters will be £2 on the train. But does anyone know what happens about buses for them? Neither have child Oyster cards.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chrisgr31

Established Member
When I posted this I had been researching it on the National Rail app on my ipad and couldnt find a London Travelcard option. Now home I have run it on my laptop using the Southern webaite and believe its £21.20 for the adult 1 day travelcard, and £2 for each child.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I think the 2 daughters will be £2 on the train. But does anyone know what happens about buses for them? Neither have child Oyster cards.
They'll need either a paper travelcard or a blue Oyster card. Max charge on Oyster is £4.50.

If one other is getting a travelcard then the off-peak family travelcard for £17.20 with £2.00 for accompanying children might be best. The kids must stay with the travelcard holder at all times while on transport.

Chrisgr31

Established Member
They'll need either a paper travelcard or a blue Oyster card. Max charge on Oyster is £4.50.

If one other is getting a travelcard then the off-peak family travelcard for £17.20 with £2.00 for accompanying children might be best. The kids must stay with the travelcard holder at all times while on transport.

Thanks. All plans got disrupted by my father deciding he knew best and buying some of the tickets online, not buying travelcards, nor a child ticket for the older child.

Ah well guess it meant I only had to buy my daughter a ticket.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.