• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikehcfc

Right i have been on National rail enquiries to see how much a couple of journeys are.I did it the 1st time a couple of days ago and it was one price and been on today and its more exspensive.Could anyone explain why?It was using the same services as chosen when i was on a few days ago.

I want to be from Hull to Newcastle on the 14th September at arround 11am.
Plus the return will also be arround 11am.

The services i had where.Outgoing change at York and return change at York.

Also would it be cheaper to prebook online or prebook actually at Hull interchange ticket office?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also i have a family and friend railcard.They will be 1 adult and 1 child travelling in each direction.

Is the journey i am making classed as a normal return or open return.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

martyn29

Right i have been on National rail enquiries to see how much a couple of journeys are.I did it the 1st time a couple of days ago and it was one price and been on today and its more exspensive.Could anyone explain why?It was using the same services as chosen when i was on a few days ago.

I want to be from Hull to Newcastle on the 14th September at arround 11am.
Plus the return will also be arround 11am.

The services i had where.Outgoing change at York and return change at York.

Also would it be cheaper to prebook online or prebook actually at Hull interchange ticket office?
Also i have a family and friend railcard.They will be 1 adult and 1 child travelling in each direction.

Is the journey i am making classed as a normal return or open return.

whats the date of the return?

martyn29

Advance tickets are the cheapest with your family rail card.
£27.15.
Depart Hull at 11:05 arrive York 12;10 then depart York at 12:29 arriving into Newcastle at 13:22.

The return on 14th is Depart Newcastle 11:30 arrive Doncaster 12:54 then Depart Doncaster at 13:18 arriving into Hull at 14:08.

If you had a Off peak return ticket with family railcard it would be £45.85 for the two of you.

mikehcfc

So what am i to ask for?Hull to Newcastle and vice versa on them dates at them times and thats all i will be paying or is it a return of some sort that makes it them prices
Plus is that £27 each way or all together.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you want Advance Purchase tickets, it is 10% cheaper online through NXEC's website. The prices increase as the quotas sell out!

Walk-on tickets are the same price at the station or online, and it may be cheaper to split at York for this journey if you are avoiding Doncaster as there is a York-Hull "Not Doncaster" fare that is fairly reasonably priced.

martyn29

So what am i to ask for?Hull to Newcastle and vice versa on them dates at them times and thats all i will be paying or is it a return of some sort that makes it them prices
Plus is that £27 each way or all together.

Yep just ask for Hull to newcastle advance singles on them dates and that £27 is the total price not £27 each way but you have to travel on those trains

Status
Not open for further replies.