• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket printed seat number correctly but for the wrong train

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveB10780

I printed a ticket booked through VTWC yesterday. The outbound journey is correct, however my seat reservation for Thursday shows the correct seat as per the booking but the train time for my outbound journey. Is this a known type of issue and is there possibly a real problem with my reservation which is for a busy train?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Have you checked your booking confirmation email to ensure that you didn't accidentally book the wrong train and therefore the ticket machine has printed correctly?

DaveB10780

Yes thanks the confirmation is correct and I have just realised it is worse but more consistent! All the seat reservations have valid at 0847 on 17th May which is the time I leave my local station Furness Vale on Tuesday. The real trains are 0943 from Stockport-Euston returning on 19:00 Thursday. This is an Off Peak return with railcard, at least that ticket is correct. Oddly for the first time in a few hundred journeys the system has also decided I merit a reservation on the 2101 Stockport to Furness Vale.

Elecman

Established Member
I also had a similar problem a few weeks back, fortunately the train wasn't too busy and the TM ok'd my journey.

Established Member
Oddly for the first time in a few hundred journeys the system has also decided I merit a reservation on the 2101 Stockport to Furness Vale.

Some Northern trains are now reservable as they offer northern only advance singles on certain routes however they don't appear to offer any on the Buxton line, so why the system has applied this is a mystery, unless they are on the way and the booking system has been prepared for such an event.

Last edited:

cf111

Established Member
I too have had this issue, seat reservation number was correct but the train time was showing the same as my outbound journey which was the Sunday prior to my return. My confirmation email had the correct train, day and time. The tickets were booked through a corporate portal via the "Evolvi" system and picked up from one of the newer ScotRail TVMs which only allow smartcard services or pre-paid ticket collection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.