• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket problem: Trouble getting ticket through gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Has anyone found that the new style Travelcards are quite hard to get through the gatelines? I don't mean through the ticket reader, but the gate itself?

:D

2012-07-10 17.57.44.jpg

The only good thing is that you can't lose your ticket if you simply sit on it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Where do you get those from? Those of us at Railfest saw some at the NRM but they didn't have any pricing information.

jon0844

Veteran Member
I was at an event today and didn't find out - but a Google has revealed you can get them from the London Transport Museum.

The ideal ticket for people who miss IC70 seating...

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Yep I was at the transport museum on Tuesday with a couple of friends, and they have a few different origins / destinations on these (aswell as the travelcard one). Was tempted to buy one, but would have struggled carrying the stuff back (as I was staying overnight I already had a fair amount of stuff with me).

jon0844

Veteran Member
For the money, I'd expect to be able to customise the printed image on the cushion (at least on the £48.99 one.

Ideal for a birthday/anniversary gift if it had that specific day on it.

And this;

Ashley is a recent graduated of the London College of Communication with a degree in Graphic Design. The fab cushion was inspired by her daily commute from the South Coast to London for university.

Wow, give this person a medal. It must have taken so much effort and skill to think of taking the print of a travelcard and putting on fabric. I hope it wasn't based too much on her daily commute, or else she must have been using an invalid ticket from the coast. :)

Crossover

Established Member
Wow, give this person a medal. It must have taken so much effort and skill to think of taking the print of a travelcard and putting on fabric. I hope it wasn't based too much on her daily commute, or else she must have been using an invalid ticket from the coast. :)

Think of it as "modern art" - "modern art" doesn't seem to have to make sense, nor does it have to be priced anywhere near reasonable :P

HOW much? :shock:

Quite!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Seems artists don't live in the real world. Either that or they know there's a lot of gullible people out there who'll buy this sort of thing regardless of cost!

More money than sense...

Ivo

Established Member
I think I quite like the idea of the D stock -esque cushion covers at the costs quoted. Just need a cushion to go with it :roll:

Seems artists don't live in the real world. Either that or they know there's a lot of gullible people out there who'll buy this sort of thing regardless of cost!

More money than sense...

I thought that was the definition of modern art? :lol:

gnolife

Established Member
I hope that, for the prices they charge, these cushions are valid for travel as it says on them - in fact for the Brighton one, is that effectively Southern's First Class, bring your own cushion?

Status
Not open for further replies.