• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

devon_metro

Established Member
Can i buy a Cornwall Day Ranger in a Devon station?

Also how fGW manage to price thye tickets.
By getting a CDR to Plymouth and a Cornwall day ranger i can get to Penzance for £7.75 from PGN

Whereas A CDR costs £10.80?

Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Table 52

Rail appointed travel agents do not sell all ticket types, it depends on the Ticket Issuing System they have in place.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
dvn1357 said:
Can i buy a Cornwall Day Ranger in a Devon station?
You can buy a Greenways ranger in Wick, or a Highland rover in Penzance if you wish :thumbup:

TicketMan

You can buy any UK rail ticket (and Irish ticket) at any UK railway station. However, you may not get voucher packs / leaflets etc that come with some rovers (Freedom of Wales springs to mind)

The Gricer

TicketMan said:
You can buy any UK rail ticket (and Irish ticket) at any UK railway station. However, you may not get voucher packs / leaflets etc that come with some rovers (Freedom of Wales springs to mind)
Has someone hacked into Ticketman's account or has he really just made a sensible, helpful and serious post? :grin: ;)

*sits back and awaits deserved sarky reply*

Frank

Coxster

Established Member
The Gricer said:
Has someone hacked into Ticketman's account or has he really just made a sensible, helpful and serious post? :grin: ;)

*sits back and awaits deserved sarky reply*
You can buy through Irish tickets. I'll show you in my fare's manual later.

The Gricer

Coxster said:
You can buy through Irish tickets.
Sorry, don't understand. Did anyone say you couldn't?

I'll show you in my fare's manual later.
No, please spare me the fares manual. I can't think when I might be needing any through Irish tickets anyway.

Frank

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sometimes it's cheaper to get a ticket to Ireland than to a place like Holyhead. Mad.

Rather like Nick W's ticket from Penzance to Ipswich being cheaper than Penzance to Paddington.

Other times, a combination is cheaper.

Either way, a ticket from A to B where A is where you are going from and B is where you are going to, is usually NOT the cheapest for your journey!!! :tongue5: I think it's designed so that only a select few "in the know" pay the best value fares ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.