• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket refund denied Cross-Country says e-ticket scanned but haven't left the house due lockdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dak31

Back in Feb I bought two off-peak returns with Cross-Country from their website for travel in late March and had e-ticket delivery. I then put the e-tickets onto my CC iOS App. Because of lockdown I didn't travel and so requested a refund. Heard nothing for weeks and chased it up the other day to get a reply this morning from Cross-country saying refund denied as both tickets were "scanned / used" . I know they weren't because I haven't left the house and as far as I'm aware haven't activated the tickets. I'm a bit perplexed and now seem to be in a loop of "computer says no" with customer service. I thought of asking CC where the tickets were scanned but I'm appreciate any other suggestions!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dak31

How long has it been since you made the original request for a refund? You could make a complaint to the Rail Ombudsman:https://www.railombudsman.org/

It was just after when I was supposed to travel so end of March, though, learning point, I got no initial acknowledgement email from CC that they received the webform request so for anyone else screenshot the page when you do it.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
@Dak31 if you can reply to my message I can find out what the status of the e-ticket is if you like. If the barcode has been read, I can tell you where & when.

Also are you sure it's an e-ticket? These are available as PDF documents. If it's not available as a PDF and can only be loaded into an app, then it's actually an m-ticket.

I encourage everyone to avoid the use of m-tickets for various reasons which I won't go into here.

Dak31

If they're M-tickets, do you need to release them from the app before refunding?
Having checked today one is definitely e-ticket the other may well be an M-ticket as the app shows expired, there is an option for "release" but would this not be something done at the office end so to speak when requesting a refund.

@yorkie apologies, I've done that for one now that I have as a PDF, will look again for the other when I can get to a laptop later.

Dak31

Just to update, having gone back again and asked the TOC to tell me where / when the tickets were scanned 10 days later they have refunded one of the trips, no explanation, acknowledgement they were wrong but hey it's money in the bank. Still waiting on the other, bit more nudging before ombudsman. Thanks @yorkie for the assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.