• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket Routing Enquiry - Peterborough to Heathrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigD

Established Member
Simple question, is an off peak return Peterborough to Heathrow Underground valid on any of the following routes?

1 - Via Cambridge and in to Liverpool Street.
2 - Via Leicester and in to St Pancras.
3 - From Corby and in to St Pancras (I can get a lift to Corby)

Kings Cross is closed on the particular weekend in September and I'm guessing there will be no trains south of Peterborough and I don't fancy Bertie the bus.

Cheers!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Simple question, is an off peak return Peterborough to Heathrow Underground valid on any of the following routes?

1 - Via Cambridge and in to Liverpool Street.
2 - Via Leicester and in to St Pancras.
3 - From Corby and in to St Pancras (I can get a lift to Corby)

Kings Cross is closed on the particular weekend in September and I'm guessing there will be no trains south of Peterborough and I don't fancy Bertie the bus.

Cheers!
It is only valid on the first option, via Cambridge. Expect the trains to be very busy.

Veteran Member
Alternatively, you could book from Corby, and use the bus on the final leg home.

An Offpeak Return from Oakham would cover Corby and Peterborough but is considerably more expensive.

Incidentally, the only info I could find online says "reduced long distance services 5-13 September" which isn't the same as a complete closure, it suggests some platforms/running lines closed.

Last edited:

TheBigD

Established Member
Alternatively, you could book from Corby, and use the bus on the final leg home.

An Offpeak Return from Oakham would cover Corby and Peterborough but is considerably more expensive.

Incidentally, the only info I could find online says "reduced long distance services 5-13 September" which isn't the same as a complete closure, it suggests some platforms/running lines closed.

Ive taken it from a post on wnxx about Kings Cross works. I'll be more than happy if the Peterborough-Horsham service is still operating through the core.
Future alterations -

No services to or from King’s Cross on the weekend of Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 June 2020, in addition to further weekends later in the year.

A reduced long-distance service planned from 5th to 13th September 2020 to enable engineering work between Grantham and Peterborough, including no long-distance services to or from King’s Cross on the weekend of Saturday 5th September and Sunday 6th September 2020.

Prolonged disruption planned from 19th December 2020 through to late March 2021 affecting weekdays and weekends, with a mix of reduced services and no services at King’s Cross.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Ive taken it from a post on wnxx about Kings Cross works. I'll be more than happy if the Peterborough-Horsham service is still operating through the core.
No trains south of Peterborough will include those through the core which is, as it happens, south of Peterborough.

Veteran Member
No trains south of Peterborough will include those through the core which is, as it happens, south of Peterborough.
But that is not what the post quoted by the OP says, nor the info I found online, so it isn't relevant - unless you have a different source?

The second text you quote matches the info given here https://eastcoastupgrade.co.uk/travel-information/. So far in the project that website has been among the first to carry news re dates etc, so worth watching, particularly for info beyond 12 weeks.

(Edited to clarify I meant the 2nd text)

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I suspect the slightly longer period 5 - 13 Sept as described, ie between Peterborough and Grantham, is for the Werrington diveunder blockade. It’s likely Peterborough to London inclusive will only be affected for the first two days but will be back to normal afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.