• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket Stampers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thedispatcher

Hello, sorry if I’m posting this under the wrong section, wasn’t really sure where this would fit. I work for as a Conductor for a TOC who don’t supply ticket stampers and I really want a stamper of my own. I’ve approached a company who supply the Zifa stampers and I was quoted £315(!) for the most basic model. I was just wondering if anyone knows where I should be looking for ticket stampers and what everyone else uses.

Cheers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

twpsaesneg

Most conductors I've come across use a pen if not equipped with clippers.

If your employer isn't supplying the kit then you shouldn't be having to spend your own money to buy it... unless it makes your life vastly easier.

Muzer

Established Member
Hello, sorry if I’m posting this under the wrong section, wasn’t really sure where this would fit. I work for as a Conductor for a TOC who don’t supply ticket stampers and I really want a stamper of my own. I’ve approached a company who supply the Zifa stampers and I was quoted £315(!) for the most basic model. I was just wondering if anyone knows where I should be looking for ticket stampers and what everyone else uses.

Cheers.
I found one once for sale at the Great Dorset Steam Fair, so perhaps other such places where railway stuff might be sold second-hand would be good to check. Or perhaps eBay. I don't really know though, sorry!

Thedispatcher

I’ve had a look on eBay and they pop up occasionally but I always seem to miss out. The biro scribble seems to be the method of choice with most of my colleagues but I wanted to do something different.

gazthomas

Established Member
I actually use a single hole punch from Ryman’s at the moment but wanted something to date tickets so I don’t need to put my clippers away and get my sharpie out to date certain open tickets.
Ah, I understand better now (should have looked exactly at what the Zifa do, but I know that you mean now!).

Not as easy to use as the Zifa (or the whole punch for that matter) but would this work if you're happy to have something behind the ticket when you stamp it?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trodat-Printy-Economy-Self-Inking-Inches/dp/B004J0AGOW

Though of course without the "Received" text on it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.